Hustler steps up and gives me a new mower

Dpmulvan

Threads
After many problems with my new sd with a Kohler 7000 series that continued to cause issues along with poor service from local dealers Hustler delivered a brand new mower this morning with a Kawasaki motor. Can't say enough about the NY rep Mike who personally delivered it.

RhettWS

Threads
Nice! Good to hear they took care of you. :thumbsup: Sorry you had to go through all the troubles.

kraky

Threads
Wooohoooo.... good job Hustler!

turboawd

Threads
wow. props for hustler coming through.
i definetly think going kohler was a step backwards. its the same engine you'll find in the cheap box store mowers.

retfr8flyr

Threads
I was told they had to go to Kohler because when they went the Big Box route, Kawasaki wouldn't let them sell their engine in them. I am just glad I have a Kawasaki engine in mine.

Dpmulvan

Threads
Yeh that's what the woman at hustler told me. Apparently Kawasaki didn't want their motors out in the mass market,Lowes,Home Depot,et et for obvious reasons. There's already two service bulletins out on the Kohler 7000 series I think one is for the Smartchoke and another one for casting flaws which cause problems with the fuel pump. I'll take a manual choke over the Smartchoke any day. I'm real happy with the Kawasaki it's too bad about Kohler, I have an older cub cadet with a Kohler command and it's been a good motor too bad engineers need job security and have to mess with something that already works fine. Hustler was very good once I got to the right people, I've been jerked around by a couple shops and the last straw was when my mower came back and was shooting pulses of gas out of the carb not to mention they left it running with the blades on for 5 hours!! When the regional rep got to my house he had a brand new sd with a Kawasaki on it, we had to push the old mower onto the trailer because the guy was afraid it would catch on fire. Gas was just spraying right onto the exhaust, what kind of shop delivers your mower like that?? Even worse the independent delivery guy spotted it and told the shop they replied yeh we know it's leaking we couldn't get the thingy lined up on the carburetor. You can still find some raptor sd's with Kawasaki motors on them there's still a few out there.

turboawd

Threads
Hustler should put Kohler only in the mowers sold at box stores, and kawasaki at dealers.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
My dealer only handles the commercial line of Hustlers. This dealer has been very supportive for many years and this has been very important to me.
Thru this dealer, Hustler/Excel Industries has provided service on site at no charge to a machine that at the time was 6 years out of warranty with 1,000 hours on it. So when it came time to replace this machine, it was a no brainer!!
Just some thoughts from Mad Mackie in CT!!:laughing::biggrin::smile:

neetan

Threads
Hustler has been Amazing with me, I just had the seat replaced. When I received it, there were a few stains on the seat. I could not clean and neither could the dealership, after a few photographs and the dealer going to bat for me A new seat arrived last week! All I can say is Glad I bought a Hustler!! :thumbsup:

577jersey

Threads
Hustler should put Kohler only in the mowers sold at box stores, and kawasaki at dealers.
I have been running kawi for years,,never had a problem...the older kohler commands where great engines,,I had one that made a racket,,the valves would chatter to high heaven but the engine never blew up.
I like the kawi better,,I never had an FR series until this RSD,,so we hope to get alot of hours outta this one for sure!