Deck Clutch Switch - Raptor 52"

DJ660

Threads
Check the PTO clutch harness down by pto clutch. There are 2 diodes in this harness. Ive had moisture\corrotion issues in the past with the diodes and causing strange electrical issues.

SRS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Real quick. First, sorry I wasn't trying to be rude about hijacking this thread. Second. Found the problem, broken wire at the PTO clutch. Stanley

Sturno

Threads
SRS, you have a totally different problem and should have started a new thread. Please do so, because trying to help on this thread is going to confuse everyone. Sorry, I won't post any possible solutions here, as it will be a nightmare in no time.

I never got around to sourcing my issue....assuming a wire/connection at fault. That said....when I depress my switch to disengage the deck/blades.....they now shut off after about 2-3 seconds.

Runsch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did this issue ever get resolved? Sorry if i missed it, I'm having exactly the same problem on this model, a 2014 52" standard raptor with the kawasaki 23Hp engine.

Blades are stuck engaged, the switch is good.

Model # 931899

Last edited:

Runsch

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think this can be disregarded, unplugged blade clutch, blades still engaged on start up

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If no voltage is going to the electric clutch then there is lower bearing failure or the engagement disc is stuck to the rotor. IF it is the bearing and the original clutch the bearing is most likely no replaceable.

WhiteHunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
(I am starting a new thread as the last one is a tad off topic and 3+ years old)

Just this last week....depressed my deck clutch switch to kill the mower blades while operating and blades won't shut off.....they keep running. I shut off engine (with depressed switch) and when I restart, deck is then now disengaged and not active until I need to lift switch again for mowing. Also, with switch in off mode, and I get off the seat, the blades keep running too, which is a major concern with my 2 teenage kids mowing the lawn on alternate occasions.

Anyone else have this issue ?? Checked fuse and it looks fine...will replace anyway. Is there another fuse I am missing maybe?? This seems too easy for me to haul 40 miles in for service.

Thanks for your assistance in advance...cool site.
I had that happen on he electric clutch on my sears tractor---the clutch it self may need adjusted-may be to tight-will keep running. if to loose it won't run--adjustment slots are on the bottom of the clutch--I think you have to use a feeler gage to set -when you tighten the spring screws.. You may have to ask your dealer how to set it.
I'm 82 an I don't remember what else I can tell you--but it worked for me. May even be dirt in the clutch slots ???

I'm new---WhiteHunter

WhiteHunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
sir: Have you ever adjusted one?? I was lucky-my sears manual showed how to do it. Of course I went an checked everything else first.