Anyone running an "Accelerator" type catcher on their hustler...?

kraky

Threads
  • / Anyone running an "Accelerator" type catcher on their hustler...?
I'm not really thinking so much to catch my grass clippings but about fall leaf cleanup... these things seem to have a pretty good reputation and look kind of cool.

Mow&Go

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just watched a youtube video on these and wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge of this product?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an older style Accelerator grass catcher that I've used on my Exmark walk behind and Z-Rider for 15+ years. I did have to have the hinge repaired once, but they don't use that style hinge on the newer models. The new models are also compatible with an extension for leaves and other light debris. The quality of their products are top notch, as is their support. I don't know the capacity of mine, but it does fill up pretty quickly. If you're trying to pick up a lot of leaves with it you may be disappointed in how often you have to stop...same goes for any side catcher though. Much lighter than the steel models though and surprisingly durable for being aluminum.

kraky

Threads
I wound up buying a steel Hustler brand but I think it's made by somebody for Hustler. It works plenty good for my 3/4 acre lawn. But an awful lot of debris flies out of the screen holes when picking up leaves or dry material.... be prepared to wear safety glasses at a minimum to keep the crap out of your eyes and realize that stuff flies all over the motor to.... keep an eye on your air cleaner.
I have actually found I am happier if I use it when the grass is a little bit wet and there is dew on the leaves.... but I would buy it again because it's pretty quick on and off and very handy.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah they do tend to blow stuff in your face. Some manufacturers have an optional dust covers for them. Never tried one. I just hold my breath when I'm using mine :)