MZ52 Husq Deck Set-up - Help!

Rachita

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello - Just moved to 2.5 acres and am a first time zero turn owner/user. The Husq MZ52 manual is really bad. Having difficulty understanding how to balance the deck. Thought I had it; cut the grass; then found out that somewhere along the way the deck settings loosened and dropped. Not understanding how to properly adjust the set bolts and how they and the chain links work together. Once I set the measurements, one adjustment bolt is loose while the other is tight. Same with the chain links; one diagonal set is tight/taunt while the other diagonal is loose. How do I make sure my measurements (front to back and side to side) are locked in? Thanks so much! - David

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi David. Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

I'm going to move this thread on over to our Husqvarna section.

Rachita

Forum Newbie
Threads
THanks Mark and Catherine. I think I'm more of a visual learner for I don't find page 26 all that helpful. I find the pictures/figures vague. I followed the directions several times on page 26, so maybe I'm all set. But what is throwing me is that after all my measurements are set, one adjustment bar is loose and will not tighten down; it just hangs while the other one is tight. And as I mentioned, only two of the four hanging chains are tight. Front left and rear right are tight. The other diagonal is slack. Are there videos out there that show how to do this adjustment? I can't find any on YouTube. Thanks again!

Last edited:

dcgrazier

Threads
I have a MZ 52 LE mower. I needed to change the deck settings due to putting larger tires/wheels on my mower for traction and to minimize wheel spin. The instructions in the manual are almost impossible for a person to do unless you have a service pit and a level platform for your mower. The instructions want you to measure the ends of the blades to set up the deck. I took a different tack. I parked my mower on my garage floor and used a 4 foot level to read the bubble position of the level where the mower sat. I then used a 2 foot level to read the bubble position of the deck with the deck lowered to the 3 inch position. I reasoned that the spindles should be mounted on the surface of the deck equally and evenly. I then made adjustments at the rear deck mounts. The front deck mounts are not adjustable. I made the adjustments reading only one side of the deck. I made sure that all chains carried equal amounts of the weight of the deck. When you complete this work, make sure all of the deck suspension bolts are tight. I then mowed some grass to check out how the lawn looked with the new settings. I found this method very satisfactory.