Craftsman mower

cutinhigh

Threads
Mr Rivets , I deleted the posting for you kind sir. I'm sooooo glad you are here to guide us new comers. What an important job you have here your wife and parents must be so proud. I will repost the proper info for you . Maybe a graph or two and some spread sheets if I have time. Thanks for your help .

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I just got a used mower from my elderly nieghbor and am trying to get it running for him. *He wants me to replace the muffler belt, change the blinker fluid and adjust the power flow. *I hope someone here can help me , as he doesn't want to spend a lot of money. *Also, I have worked on my stuff for the past few years and think I'm a fair mechanic, if you can find me a service manual. *Thank you in advance. *NOW that I've got your attention, I've been meaning to post this for a long time and finally got a little extra time to put it together. *Don't know if I should post this in Site Discussion or New Members, so admins please move if you feel necessary. *I don't know how many of you noticed that for about the last six months we are getting way to many threads that just make no sense. *To all who need help, please do the following. *1. *Post unit and engine model and serial numbers. *Eager 1 engine on my mower really does not tell me much. *Take the numbers which seem to be hidden, not the ones off the starter decal or the side of the hood. *2. *Explain to the best of your ability what your problem is. *Won't start can mean a variety of things. *3. *If you feel it is electrical, give us your knowledge of electricity and what electrical testing equipment you have. *4. *When you are asked a question, just answer the question, don't give us your assumptions, they don't help. *5. *Remember, we are not standing beside you and cannot see, hear or feel what is going on. *You must paint us a complete picture in your descriptions. *6. *We are not here to make personal judgements, but sometimes we will tell you that you are in over your head and need to take the unit in to the shop. *The techs here have hundreds of YEARS experience and many can tell that no matter how well we try to help we know that it will not get solved. *7. *This is a help forum, not a site for lazy mechanics or wanabees to have someone else do their jobs. *Ex: if you are looking for a manual, try using google search, isn't that how you found this site. *8. *Members please don't jump into threads unless you have something meaning full to offer. *I know that most are trying to help, but many times too many possible solutions get confusing to the notice mechanic. *I try not to reply ( I SAID I TRY) to thread where other techs have started the OP on a possible solution. *I know that this can be difficult to do. *9. *Remember many of the techs here have other jobs, be patient, they will get back to you ASAP most of the time. *10. Finally, take five minutes and let us know if your problem has been solved. *This will help save time for the next member who is searching the forum with the same problem. *
** If you are offended by this thread I apologize, but it needs to be said to help everyone. *One thread I followed, but did not get into, went on for 6 weeks and had almost 90 posts. *This was mainly due to a very novice member who needed to be hand fed each step. *The techs who worked on this one had the patience of Job, and I don't feel I could have lasted that long.