Kohler 7000 first oil change when ?

Good 1 Brian

Threads
I read the service manual on my Kohler 7000 Pro can't find anything about the first oil change just said at 25 hours my question is the a need to do the first oil and filter change sooner ?:confused:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I do my first one after approximately 5 hours. Im sure its not needed but I still do it.

577jersey

Threads
I read the service manual on my Kohler 7000 Pro can't find anything about the first oil change just said at 25 hours my question is the a need to do the first oil and filter change sooner ?:confused:
Yeah,,metal is metal...so I always do my first change between 5-8 hours,,then 40 to 50 there after on all my new motors/engines.
And I do the spin on filter every time...cheap insurance.

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads
same engine on hustler and they recommended 5 hrs too. just did mine before vacation and it looked like a break in oil

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've never run the 7000 series but I have run two Kohler Courage engines and like the others stated 5 to 8 hours for the first change and Kohler recommends running a standard petroleum based oil for the first 50 hours of operation to properly seat piston rings, after that if you wish you can change to a synthetic oil. I always change my oil and oil filters on all my mower engines every 50 hours, like someone stated it's cheap insurance.

Datadave

Threads
same engine on hustler and they recommended 5 hrs too. just did mine before vacation and it looked like a break in oil
The initial oil/filter change for my Kohler 7000 was done yesterday. It also looked like break in oil (Yellowish green looking stuff)
The Hustler Raptor SD Operator's Manual = Section 4 page 4
"Change the engine oil and filter after the first 5 hours of operation
and then per the engine manufacturer's recommendation after that."

Then goes on that "if operated in extremely dirty conditions, then it is
recommended oil be changed more frequently."

Chief1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The initial oil/filter change for my Kohler 7000 was done yesterday. It also looked like break in oil (Yellowish green looking stuff)
The Hustler Raptor SD Operator's Manual = Section 4 page 4
"Change the engine oil and filter after the first 5 hours of operation
and then per the engine manufacturer's recommendation after that."

Then goes on that "if operated in extremely dirty conditions, then it is
recommended oil be changed more frequently."

My dealer said when I get 10 hours on my Raptor SD to call him and they will pick it up , change the oil and filters and check it out at no charge- I was impressed by that.

Good 1 Brian

Threads
I ended up doing the first oil and filter change at 10 hours , I could not find anything in writing :confused2: from Kohler about brake in oil only thing I found was 25 hours, any way still did it at 10

577jersey

Threads
Yeah,,anywhere between 5 and 10 is acceptable,,25 would be the max.
I change my oil and filter every 40 to 50 hours depending on how dirty it looks,,if its been a dusty season Ill change it closer to 40.