MTD Drive Belt Issues

mdawg62

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2007 MTD 600 series yard machine with the step through frame. It is model 13BX6005G755. One of my drive belt tension pulleys locked up after nine years of faithful service. I ordered a new pulley and drive belts online. While I waited for the parts, I removed the springs and tension assembly for the smaller belt as well as the pulley assembly and cleaned and checked everything else. I did not take a picture of anything because I had 2 day shipping on the parts and did not expect any problems and I had done all of this before.
Because I had never seen enough difference in belt life to warrant paying for genuine MTD belts, I ordered aftermarket belts. Apparently, I was sent the wrong larger belt even though it was supposed to be a direct replacement for the oem part number. This caused a delay of about five additional days and my frustration has completely blocked my recollection of the spring attachment points and belt routing of the larger drive belt.
Does anyone know where I can find a diagram of this mower ? MTD does not have it on their site and it is not in the owner's or operator's manuals. The grass is taking over due to extended periods of rain and I'm falling further behind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That model number is not working for me. Can you check it again?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mtd parts.com

Enter model number
Or use the do not know my model number.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok so I figured it out
1. Its a Yard Man not a Yard Machine
2. Model number is 13BX605G755 not 13BX6005G755

This is the best you will find for belt routing and spring placement.
mtdparts.com/equipment/mtdparts/partfinder#/MTD_Merged_Data/13BX605G755_(2007)/Deck_Assembly_42_Inch/0176902805-A/01769028050001

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a 2007 MTD 600 series yard machine with the step through frame. It is model 13BX6005G755. One of my drive belt tension pulleys locked up after nine years of faithful service. I ordered a new pulley and drive belts online. While I waited for the parts, I removed the springs and tension assembly for the smaller belt as well as the pulley assembly and cleaned and checked everything else. I did not take a picture of anything because I had 2 day shipping on the parts and did not expect any problems and I had done all of this before.
Because I had never seen enough difference in belt life to warrant paying for genuine MTD belts, I ordered aftermarket belts. Apparently, I was sent the wrong larger belt even though it was supposed to be a direct replacement for the oem part number. This caused a delay of about five additional days and my frustration has completely blocked my recollection of the spring attachment points and belt routing of the larger drive belt.
Does anyone know where I can find a diagram of this mower ? MTD does not have it on their site and it is not in the owner's or operator's manuals. The grass is taking over due to extended periods of rain and I'm falling further behind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MTD use a unique profile belt on their varidrive system so only MTD or Oregon ( aftermarket ) belts will work properly.
I have tried every available aftermarket belt listed for MTD bit all except the Oregon were just a standard B profile in an appropriate length for the different profile.
So unfortunately it is MTD or Oregon and nothing else.
With Vari drives you should always replace both belts and while they are off check carefully the sliding sheeve to make sure it slides freely up & down to change speeds.

As for routing , flat side runs on flat pulley and V side runs in V pulley.
The run that is closest to the frame runs direct between the engine & drive pulley the one side that runs closest to the center goes through the clutching pulleys.
lay under the mower & get some one to work the clutch/brake pedal.
Pedal down ( brake on ) must have slack in the belt
Pedal up ( drive ) the belt must be pulling against the spring

mdawg62

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok so I figured it out
1. Its a Yard Man not a Yard Machine
2. Model number is 13BX605G755 not 13BX6005G755

This is the best you will find for belt routing and spring placement.
mtdparts.com/equipment/mtdparts/partfinder#/MTD_Merged_Data/13BX605G755_(2007)/Deck_Assembly_42_Inch/0176902805-A/01769028050001

Sorry, you are right on both counts. It's 90* plus here and feels like 90% humidity. The extra 15 lbs. of weight from my clothes has obviously blurred my vision. I'll give this a look see. thanks for the response.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I figured all that out sitting in the AC, it is easier that way. I know your plight with the heat.