Ferris Pro Cut S 61"

totouchantler

Threads
Hi all. I'm hoping to get some guidance or direction in how to change the hydraulic oil and filter on my Ferris Pro Cut S. The owners manual for the engine and mower have extensive information for changing the engine oil (directions and oil drain whip, etc.) but not much at all for changing the hydraulic fluid and filter? I'm assuming Ferris would like this to be a dealer service change? Any help very much appreciated. I just tipped 200 hrs. My mower has the commercial Briggs engine and was purchased new last year. Thanks in advance.

Chris

totouchantler

Threads
Hi all. I'm hoping to get some guidance or direction in how to change the hydraulic oil and filter on my Ferris Pro Cut S. The owners manual for the engine and mower have extensive information for changing the engine oil (directions and oil drain whip, etc.) but not much at all for changing the hydraulic fluid and filter? I'm assuming Ferris would like this to be a dealer service change? Any help very much appreciated. I just tipped 200 hrs. My mower has the commercial Briggs engine and was purchased new last year. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Is there maybe already an old thread about this? I cant imagine this is the first time somebody posted a question about it? Thanks.

Chris

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Posting the machine model, model number and engine info of your machine would help us to be able to identify your specific machine and possibly assist you.
There are about 30 models listed under Ferris Procut S 61 on the Ferris support page on their website, which one do you have?

totouchantler

Threads
Posting the machine model, model number and engine info of your machine would help us to be able to identify your specific machine and possibly assist you.
There are about 30 models listed under Ferris Procut S 61 on the Ferris support page on their website, which one do you have?

The model number of the mower is 5901279. the model of the briggs commercial engine is 49T877-0010-G1. I'm not sure about there being 30 models of the Procut S in the 2015 line up? Its a 61 inch cut. Three Wheeler.

Chris

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
With your model number, I was able to find the manuals for your machine.
For sure there is little info about the hydraulic system in the operators manual.
As I was looking thru the parts manual, I see where there is a single hyd oil reservoir and a filter.
It appears from the parts manual that the hyd oil filter is mounted horizontally, and if so this complicates getting rid of the air in the system that will be trapped in the filter until it fills completely.
The charge pumps on the hyd pumps draw in oil thru the filter and if the filter has trapped air in it, this air will go directly into the hyd pumps when the engine is started. The charge pumps are directly mounted under the cooling fans on the top of the hyd pumps. The same shaft that the fans are mounted onto also drive the charge pumps.
If the filter actually is mounted sideways and has flexible hoses connected to it, then possibly the filter mount may be unbolted to allow installation of a new filter that has been prefilled with oil and reinstall the filter and mount back into the normal position.
Bear in mind that when the filter is removed, all the oil in the hyd reservoir will drain out thru the filter mount.
Let us know what the situation is with the filter position and possibility of temporarily removing the filter mount.:smile:

totouchantler

Threads
I think I'd have to remove hose clamps in entry and exit hoses ... The one has slack but the other is right and short...

totouchantler

Threads
To answer question yes it is mounted and able to be removed.... But it looks as if one of the hoses connected to it is so short that it would be challenging to twist it into a position after dismounting where the filter would be able to be filled with fluid?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
There ain't much room to play with around the filter!!!
The grey hose goes to the reservoir?
The black hose (801) goes to a "tee' fitting and then to both pumps?

totouchantler

Threads
The black hose (801) goes to the reservoir. The gray hose runs to the metal pump housing. On the opposite end of where the hose enters the housing I see a couple of hydraulic fittings attached to hoses that disappear as a couple down to the right wheel... where I'm sure they split. There is also a smaller gray house that returns to the pump housing...not sure from where...maybe overflow?