new hustler super Z

howlinwolf

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a hustler fastrak 52" kohler courage 20 hp since 2005 mowing 5 acre lawn with hills tons of trees and more. It has done great. Starting to ware down I walked into my local true value and bought a hustler super Z 60" side shoot 27 hp. Did I eat up sellers BS to much or am I golden? Also are there issues I need to make sure I maintain? Starting to have a little buyers remorse. At the time of purchase I was thinking this is the last mower I will have to buy. For the price I sure hope so. Any input, warnings on the super Z hyperdrive to keep this machine running for 20 year plus or just general info will be appreciatedhustler.PNG

Last edited:

577jersey

Threads
Na,you will like that mower,just take care of it and dont beat it up too much,,it will last 20 years doing just one 5 acre lawn per week.

DK35vince

Threads
I had a 21 HP Fastrak 54" for 4 years.
Good mower, I just felt it was a too small and under powered for my 8 acre lawn.
I upsized to a 35 HP, 72" Super Z a few years ago.
I love it, very fast, mows nice, great power.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had a hustler fastrak 52" kohler courage 20 hp since 2005 mowing 5 acre lawn with hills tons of trees and more. It has done great. Starting to ware down I walked into my local true value and bought a hustler super Z 60" side shoot 27 hp. Did I eat up sellers BS to much or am I golden? Also are there issues I need to make sure I maintain? Starting to have a little buyers remorse. At the time of purchase I was thinking this is the last mower I will have to buy. For the price I sure hope so. Any input, warnings on the super Z hyperdrive to keep this machine running for 20 year plus or just general info will be appreciatedView attachment 28746

The super z is one of the top commercial mowers on the market. 5 acres a week is nothing for a mower like that. Keep it maintained and you won't have any issues. Great mower!

577jersey

Threads
The super z is one of the top commercial mowers on the market. 5 acres a week is nothing for a mower like that. Keep it maintained and you won't have any issues. Great mower!
Yeah right,,that mower can do 5 acres per hour with a big deck :)

DK35vince

Threads
Yeah right,,that mower can do 5 acres per hour with a big deck :)
I mow my 8 acre yard in 2 hours with the 35 HP Super Z, 72" deck.
Some of the rough areas I need to slow down.

577jersey

Threads
I mow my 8 acre yard in 2 hours with the 35 HP Super Z, 72" deck.
Some of the rough areas I need to slow down.
Yes sir,the only thing that will slow a zero turn down is rough terrain and slopes,,other than that its hammer time!!
I like to go easy with my SD cause I want it to last a long time,,trying to get 1000 hours or more out of it,we shall see :)