What do you guys think about Intek Engines?

Jethro210

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a twin flathead 18hp Briggs that needs new rods and I found a 20HP v twin Intek for cheap but I don't know how good these Inteks are or what some of the common problems are with them. What do you guys think about replacing my engine with the Intek?

noma

Threads
Hi

I have a 20 hp intek els extended life series on my country clipper and it work good,i'm not to found of the way the air filter is right on top and if you don't use the right filter all the dirt will just go in the carberator. It has a oil filter and i think it has pressurized oil pump but don't know for sure, a little over 100 hrs on this engine.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
found a 20HP v twin Intek for cheap
What do you guys think about replacing my engine with the Intek?

How much is 'cheap'?
If you can do the swap without spending too much... Do it, no matter how the new engine works out, It will out preform the existing engine.
There are a few variations within the model and types but if the price is right you don't have a lot to loose... KennyV

Last edited:

Jethro210

Forum Newbie
Threads
The cost is 40 bucks and the intek is on a craftsman mower.

noma

Threads
Hi If its only 40 bucks and are you doing the labor yourself its a no brainer go for it.

touree

Threads
True, weigh your options. Taking a decision to switch to Intek could prove to be a good decision in the long run. Besides, it does look like it's going to be that costly.

indypower

Threads
Just do it. Can you buy & install new rods for $40?