Hustler Fastrak 44" with Humboldt Bagger

clkp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for some help with cut quality, leaving lots of stringers, brand new blades, high lift OEM Hustler blades. Humboldt whirwind bagger. Speed doesn't seem to matter I can go full speed and it doesn't bog or anything, just leaves more stringers, even going slow I have to double cut. Deck was leveled last week, new idler pulley. What am I missing? double cut looks perfect, level and clean no clippings, but this should be good at one pass.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lift the front if the deck up about a 1/4 inch. It is called heeling the deck.

clkp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is that possible? Manual says the rear is always 1/4 higher no matter what. How do I do this?

DJ660

Threads
So you can go full WHEEL speed, mower on and mow tall grass and the engine doesn't bog down ??? Sounds like deck belt slipping to me.

clkp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ya full tilt handles it no bogging at all. It does stumble a bit when I engage the blades and the blower gets up to speed. I think that's the blower drag though and that's tensioned separately but I'd think the other belt would slip when I engaged the pto too.

So how the heck would I check for a slipping belt if I don't see shiny spots or burned rubber anywhere. It's got the 18hp twin Honda engine

clkp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update. I raised it up scraped it and found two small bends but nothing major. Belt looks good. I tightened it but not sure it needed it. What should the deflection be? The spring is suppose to be around 7.5 it's around 8.5. I'll recheck manual on that as well.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • image.png
    image.png
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 4
  • image.png
    image.png
    996.4 KB · Views: 3

clkp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lift the front if the deck up about a 1/4 inch. It is called heeling the deck.

I just spent 2 hours attempting this. I think I got the front just a little higher than the rear now. For some reason the rear left as your sitting on it wants to be higher at all times. Seems like the belt or something is pulling the deck up. I'm definitely closer to level than I was and I checked before I started and I had 1/4" higher in the rear before so the pitch is completely different now as you recommended. I'll see how it goes

clkp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone got any tips to adjusting the pitch? It doesn't seem to be as easy as just loosening the nuts on one end of the deck