idler arm Assembly

Lgsturm

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am about to give up. 1999 Grasshopper 721d2 upper idler arm Assembly is loose and rattles from side to side when running. I tried to take it off, but the bolt just turns and does not come out. I can only assume that there is a nut on the end of the bolt that holds the arm, but I cannot find it. My grasshopper has the lift kit for the front deck, so it had the additional hydraulic pump. Does anyone know how to get the idler arm off of the grasshopper.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Need a picture so I can tell what you call and idler arm.

Lgsturm

Forum Newbie
Threads
The idler arm is a boomerang steel shaped arch with the tension pulley on one end and the spring to keep it tight on the other. It is bolted in the center to the top frame on something they call a pedestal bearing. It must have a nut back there instead of being a blind bolt. It is shown as part of the drive assembly. If I can do it I will post a picture.

Lgsturm

Forum Newbie
Threads
The idler arm is a boomerang steel shaped arch with the tension pulley on one end and the spring to keep it tight on the other. It is bolted in the center to the top frame on something they call a pedestal bearing. It must have a nut back there instead of being a blind bolt. It is shown as part of the drive assembly. If I can do it I will post a picture, but the picture link is below.

http://www.the-mower-shop-inc.com/721d2_1999_drive_assembly.aspx