New Mower XXW 4000

jburcham04

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the add. I just jumped in and bought a 1998 XXW4000 twin Kohler motor, I needed a bigger mower and saw it on craigslist so I went and got it, I think ill like it just not sure how everything works on it yet and the routine maintenance besides the obvious zerk fittings and engine tune up. the clutches were removed from the motors so I have to start both engines at the same time and keep them at the same rpm but whatever... parking brake doesn't work and I need to fix that, looks simple like a forklift adjustment on the handle. well, any tips or concerns are appreciated...

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 16
  • resize1.jpg
    resize1.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 15

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Never seen one before but heard that one engine runs the drive system and the other runs the cutting system. Either way it works I have heard they are a beast of a mower.

HD071502

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the club! I have one, I love it. Keeping the engines running in sync is a challenge. Oh and keeping the tanks full of fuel is as well....

jburcham04

Forum Newbie
Threads
Never seen one before but heard that one engine runs the drive system and the other runs the cutting system. Either way it works I have heard they are a beast of a mower.

Maybe originally but this one is modified where the 2 engines are basically tied together via belt and work together, I'm having issues with it going up hills and struggles to turn right now. Doing a fluid and filter change and hope for the best...

jburcham04

Forum Newbie
Threads

Welcome to the club! I have one, I love it. Keeping the engines running in sync is a challenge. Oh and keeping the tanks full of fuel is as well....

It definitely sucks some gas... I'm having issues with it going up hills and struggles to turn right now. Doing a fluid and filter change and hope for the best... Ever had this problem?