Looking for parts for 34z

Ronnyballgame

Forum Newbie
Threads
Posted this in the new member check in, but crossed posted here!

New Gravely owner here. I bought a 34Z (model number 991022) from my neighbor for $100. It sat in his brother's front yard for 4 years and has some issues, but I really don't want to pay $100 an hour to the dealership to fix it. I have some knowledge (also have a Ford 8n that always needs work!) and the time to work on it since it is an extra mower.

I need to find a few parts, starting with the carburetor. I have done a web search and found a big fat ZERO!!! Any help would be appreciated...

Also need a PTO clutch and tires/wheels. Those are probably easier...

Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Posted this in the new member check in, but crossed posted here!

New Gravely owner here. I bought a 34Z (model number 991022) from my neighbor for $100. It sat in his brother's front yard for 4 years and has some issues, but I really don't want to pay $100 an hour to the dealership to fix it. I have some knowledge (also have a Ford 8n that always needs work!) and the time to work on it since it is an extra mower.

I need to find a few parts, starting with the carburetor. I have done a web search and found a big fat ZERO!!! Any help would be appreciated...

Also need a PTO clutch and tires/wheels. Those are probably easier...

Thanks!

:welcome:

As you are likely to be here for a long while a few tips
You are there & we are here so all we know is what you tell us.
so if you want good advice we need good information as if you wer describing what is gong on to a blind deaf person.
And you can start with the engine make & model number.

Ronnyballgame

Forum Newbie
Threads
The engine is a Kawasaki, and the code is FH541V-AW04-R

I'm really looking for a carburetor or a rebuild kit for this thing to get it running better. After that I'm working on the PTO clutch..

Thanks for the kelp in advance.

Ron

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The engine is a Kawasaki, and the code is FH541V-AW04-R

I'm really looking for a carburetor or a rebuild kit for this thing to get it running better. After that I'm working on the PTO clutch..

Thanks for the kelp in advance.

Ron

No rebuild kits that I am aware of just individual parts.
Kawakasi parts price reflects the small volume of parts that move through an expensive warehousing system.
Parts break down is below.
Kawakasi do the impossible,,,, they change part numbers more often then Briggs so don't be suprised if you get a superceeded notice.

View attachment FH541-W04 carb.pdf

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can buy tires almost any where but the rim is different. OEM will be the best option unless you find them used.

Rear Tires and wheels:
Gravely 07100217 Tire, 21 x 7.00-10

Front Tires and Wheels:
Gravely 07100219 Tire, 13 x 5.00-6

Now about the PTO, that bugger is costly so we should make sure it is broken and not a safety switch malfunction.

Gravely 03789900 Clutch, Ogura Price $232.89

Ronnyballgame

Forum Newbie
Threads
The wires have been pulled out of the PTO clutch. The dealer said it should be replaced.

The wheels are EXPENSIVE through the dealer.

Thanks for the help

Ron

You can buy tires almost any where but the rim is different. OEM will be the best option unless you find them used.

Rear Tires and wheels:
Gravely 07100217 Tire, 21 x 7.00-10

Front Tires and Wheels:
Gravely 07100219 Tire, 13 x 5.00-6

Now about the PTO, that bugger is costly so we should make sure it is broken and not a safety switch malfunction.

Gravely 03789900 Clutch, Ogura Price $232.89

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The wires have been pulled out of the PTO clutch. The dealer said it should be replaced.

The wheels are EXPENSIVE through the dealer.

Thanks for the help

Ron

Ron,
The dealer has no option but to replace the clutch.
However google "taryl fixes all - electric clutch repair"
You can do this yourself but as the dealer has to guarantee his work, most will not do that for you.

Wheels are expensive and tyres are not cheap either.
It is a volume & warehousing / distribution thing. Very little you ( or I ) can do about it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Carburetor part number 15003-7085 $240.00

Ronnyballgame

Forum Newbie
Threads
I finally got some time after baseball season to look at it. The carb has a broken plastic piece where the choke moves and when you move the throttle nothing on the carb moves but the linkage below does.

image.jpgimage.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Part number 16041-7016 $13.03
If it has sat for 4 years you will still have to replace carb.