2006 Yard Machine running rich

bigredscowboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
2006 Yard Machine 6-speed shift on the go with Briggs 13.5 intek and Nikki carb. Was running rich so I put in an aftermarket kit in the carb. Still running rich, black smoke abounds. There is very little adjustment on the needle due to the black plastic piece. Don't know where to go with this one.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

A few too many variations so we will need the full engine number to give you a meaningful answer.
If that is the model with the white plastic jet carrier they are quite difficult to put back together properly

bigredscowboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
It does have the awkward white plastic innards. I compared to a YouTube video and should have everything:
Float jet
Small inlet gas oring
Main oring contraption
New jet with small oring around base.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Double check that the air bleeds are open and clear. Those are the small hole around the outer edge of the air filter side of the carb just inside the body.

bigredscowboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Double check that the air bleeds are open and clear. Those are the small hole around the outer edge of the air filter side of the carb just inside the body.

I haven't checked them but it runs this way with the air box off too.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
They are not part of the air box. There is normally a small one on each side that has what looks like a jet in it. those are to mix air with the fuel as it is moved through the emulsion tubes If they are closed can cause rich running.