Hustler with Kohler 7000 still not running right

Dpmulvan

Threads
My hustler stalled after warmup out of the box. Was told it was a casting flaw on some of the Kohler 7000 series motors messing up crankcase pressure which runs the fuel pump. Got mower back yesterday and still have the same problem. I guess they don't check their work and to add insult to injury they used rtv silicone on my valve cover. I've got a huge amount to mow and havnt had a mower for two weeks now. Dealer seems to have a habit of lying and making excuses, plus who uses red rtv silicone on a valve cover? Mower is great, fast with decent cut but motor continues to give me problems. I'm really disappointed with the human race right now.

kraky

Threads
If it were me I would mow as much as I can between stalls recording "what is happening when" based on hour meter readings. On Tuesday I would call Hustler and explain all the problems and ask if they can reimburse the dealer on your unit and see that you get another new one.

Dpmulvan

Threads
Ill get it sorted I'm just pissed this is the first thing I have bought new as far as big ticket items are concerned. Guess I should just get some goats or something. I have about three acres which needs to be mowed twice a week and I'm falling way behind. My cub cadet has a Kohler command which is also giving me problems. Maybe we should let good mechanics design motors and throw engineers to the curb.

kraky

Threads
Engineers were never hired to put "more" into a product...lol.
Seems like almost every manufacturer out there was using the Kohler 7000 in huge numbers. Even if there are "some" reports of trouble with them one would have to think overall 99.9% of them are doing pretty darn good. Apparently you are one of the lucky .1% and need to go to pick up a lottery ticket soon.

turboawd

Threads
buy a six pack, and put each break to good use. :thumbsup: