No spark walker

Walkerofsc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a old model walker 20 hp 1999 and it has a kohler engine. The last year it started using oil from the front cylinder. Now I parked it a week ago after mowing my yard and it won't start. No spark from either coil. I cleaned the flywheel and disconnected the ground wire from both coils. Still no spark. Both coils can't go bad at the same time. Any ideas ? Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If someone or some sort of malfunction sent 12 V down the kill wire then both of the modules will be fried so it is possible.
In which case, check all of the kill wires and in particular all of the safety switches.

Walkerofsc

Forum Newbie
Threads
If someone or some sort of malfunction sent 12 V down the kill wire then both of the modules will be fried so it is possible.
In which case, check all of the kill wires and in particular all of the safety switches.

How many safety switches on the walker. The seat switch has been out for some time I just by passed it. I can't find anything that looks out of place. Hate to buy new ones and it does it again

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No idea.
The only thing I do to Walkers is to replace Triad engines.
However Walker have an excellent after sales service being that there are several Mr & Ms Walker s working there.
Send them you model details ( don't tell them you have disabled the seat switch ) thet are generally very forthcomming with service information.

There should be
one on each of the motion levers,
one on the parking break
one on the PTO
One on the seat
And I think
one inside the catcher
one on the deck service flip.

Walkerofsc

Forum Newbie
Threads
No idea.
The only thing I do to Walkers is to replace Triad engines.
However Walker have an excellent after sales service being that there are several Mr & Ms Walker s working there.
Send them you model details ( don't tell them you have disabled the seat switch ) thet are generally very forthcomming with service information.

There should be
one on each of the motion levers,
one on the parking break
one on the PTO
One on the seat
And I think
one inside the catcher
one on the deck service flip.

Don't know why but I have spark again. It's crazy. It's running again so I think I'm going to put it up for sale. Don't need a walker for my home since I don't do landscaping anymore. Thanks for your help