Disappointed with HRX217HYA

Jumpem

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just mowed my lawn for the first time with my new HRX217HYA. I am not sure if I am keeping or returning it.

What I don't like:
1. The bag is infuriating. The grass sticks inside of it and doesn't want to dump out. The opening is also square shaped and does not fit into the top of a paper lawn bag. I ended up having to scoop the grass out of the bag one large handful at a time. This makes the blade stop pointless since I turn the mower off each time so it isn't running while I spend three or four minutes emptying the bag.
2. The controls are awkward. It is annoying having to constantly change the orange speed control or let off on the drive lever. With my junk Toro it automatically adjusted speed based on how fast you were walking.
3. No one handed operation. I have to hold up a tire swing and glider swing with one hand while pushing the mower with the other. I couldn't do that with the Honda.

I don't know if I should try the HRX217VKA. The controls still seem like you would have to constantly adjust the top speed. Though one handed operation might be easier.

I like the powerful engine and composite deck, but the controls were much better and simpler on my cheap Toro with Personal Pace. The lawn mower varied its speed automatically based on how much pressure the handle was being pushed with.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Threads
I just mowed my lawn for the first time with my new HRX217HYA. I am not sure if I am keeping or returning it.

What I don't like:
1. The bag is infuriating. The grass sticks inside of it and doesn't want to dump out. The opening is also square shaped and does not fit into the top of a paper lawn bag. I ended up having to scoop the grass out of the bag one large handful at a time. This makes the blade stop pointless since I turn the mower off each time so it isn't running while I spend three or four minutes emptying the bag.
2. The controls are awkward. It is annoying having to constantly change the orange speed control or let off on the drive lever. With my junk Toro it automatically adjusted speed based on how fast you were walking.
3. No one handed operation. I have to hold up a tire swing and glider swing with one hand while pushing the mower with the other. I couldn't do that with the Honda.

I don't know if I should try the HRX217VKA. The controls still seem like you would have to constantly adjust the top speed. Though one handed operation might be easier.

I like the powerful engine and composite deck, but the controls were much better and simpler on my cheap Toro with Personal Pace. The lawn mower varied its speed automatically based on how much pressure the handle was being pushed with.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Jumpem- Sorry you don't like your mower. I will say that for me grass doesn't stick to the bag more than any other mower, but I can agree with you on the square opening. What i do is I lay them both sideways on the ground, and put a base layer of grass in the bag. Then I stand it up and can pour the grass in by having the bag above the opening. And about you disliking the drive system, for me I keep it on the fastest speed and never need to change it, but maybe the VKA would be better for that.