Kubota MR6000 Mower Deck Questions ????

Crazy Horse

Forum Newbie
Threads
I posted this on another forum on this site, thought I'd try it over here as well so here goes.

Our club has acquired an older Kubota MR6000 3-blade mower deck. It was originally a belly-mount mower for a Kubota tractor of some kind or size, but some previous owner has converted it to a 3-point class I rear mower for use on a small tractor with a 3-point hitch. The blade gearbox on the Kubota mower has an 18-spline shaft of about 1" diameter. Unfortunately, the local Kubota dealer either knows nothing about this model or he's not too interested in finding out anything for us. We are hooking it up to a Japanese Satoh 650G tractor which has a PTO which rotates clockwise when viewing from the rear. When viewing the blades from the bottom and with the tractor PTO turning clockwise (as described above), the mower blades rotate counter-clockwise. We are wondering about the following questions .....

1) Approximately how old is this mower ?
2) Is the PTO rotation of our tractor (clockwise from the rear) correct for this mower ?
3) Is the counter-clockwise blade rotation (seen from the bottom) correct ?
4) Are the blade securing bolts a left-hand thread (CW to loosen, CCW to tighten)?

Hopefully, somebody will be able to help us out with this.

Crazy Horse

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I answered all your questions except year.