My New Hustler is Junk biggest mistake I ever made

Dpmulvan

Threads
Today I contacted hustler and talked to jack in the tech dept. He confirmed that a casting flaw in some of the 7000 series will cause an issue with crankcase pressure, which in turn causes an issue with the fuel pump which runs off crankcase pressure. This issue is random and doesn't affect all 7000 series motors. Motor will run till warmup about 20 minutes then stall out. If your going to buy a mower with a 7000 series I suggest having the salesperson run the mower for 20 minutes or so to make sure your not getting a bad motor. I appreciate everyone's input.

turboawd

Threads
Today I contacted hustler and talked to jack in the tech dept. He confirmed that a casting flaw in some of the 7000 series will cause an issue with crankcase pressure, which in turn causes an issue with the fuel pump which runs off crankcase pressure. This issue is random and doesn't affect all 7000 series motors. Motor will run till warmup about 20 minutes then stall out. If your going to buy a mower with a 7000 series I suggest having the salesperson run the mower for 20 minutes or so to make sure your not getting a bad motor. I appreciate everyone's input.

what did they say is the solution? a new motor?

Good 1 Brian

Threads

Thanks for the update
Now that you called Hustler how do you feel there about customer support ?
Hope you feeling better about the mower things do happen , I hope they get it repaired or replaced ASAP !

Dpmulvan

Threads
I talked to a service tech named Jack he was a nice guy and wanted me to follow up with him when I get the mower back. I havnt been able to get a hold of anyone at Kohler only recorded messages then on hold. My only issue is if they knew about this problem why didn't someone take care of it?? All roads lead to money.

retfr8flyr

Threads
If it's a known problem, then why didn't the dealer run the mower for 30 minutes and see if your engine had the problem, before delivering it too you? I would be complaining to Hustler about the service quality of the dealer.

Dpmulvan

Threads
If it's a known problem, then why didn't the dealer run the mower for 30 minutes and see if your engine had the problem, before delivering it too you? I would be complaining to Hustler about the service quality of the dealer.

I don't know probably because their lazy or just don't care. I talked to hustler today woman I spoke to didn't really care either. So far only person who was decent to me was this guy Jack and he's a service tech at hustler. Funny this is the first big ticket item I've bought new and don't think I'll ever buy anything new again. Meanwhile the 3 acres I have to mow is ready to be mowed again and I have no mower.

577jersey

Threads
  • / My New Hustler is Junk biggest mistake I ever made
Those new 7k motors are ok..I have a friend with over 100 hard hours on his and it runs great,only thing was starter went out and dealer replaced it free.
I would rather have kawi but thats just me.