Raptor 54 SD problem

mhavanti

Threads
Respectfully, dealers are not authorized to give you the Upgrade cross brace if the mower was shipped with the original brace. If the brace cracked and the mower is under warranty, the dealership can file a request to the manufacturer and once permission is given, the manufacturer will replace the original brace with the upgrade because the manufacturer is no longer making the original.

Spoke to the manufacturer yesterday and again today. Just for the asking ain't gonna work unless your dealer can work that out.

Good luck to all of you that attempt it.

clubairth

Threads
Check your plastic fenders for cracking around the bolt mounting holes. One of my fenders cracked and when I brought it back to the dealer they also replaced the cross brace with the new upgraded one.
Cracked plastic fender mounting holes is another symptom of the light duty brace flexing.

tlg588

Forum Newbie
Threads
Both of my saddles are cracked, actually they are broke, where they bolt to the frame. I didn’t realize this was related to the hydro bracket. Thought the dealer had handled it rough during one of the repairs.

tlg588

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All,

Came across this old thread while cleaning out my email.
The dealer replaced the broken cross brace bracket with the same brace, no upgrade. I know this because it broke again since then. Dealer then replaced the bracket with what looks like an upgraded one. So far so good. Getting the mower ready for this years season and will give the bracket a closer look to see how it is doing. If it brakes again I am going to make my own bracket. I complained to Hustler about the bracket after the second one broke, received no response.

mhavanti

Threads
tlg588,

Although I'm a Hustler Enthusiast, I will have to admit that Hustler executives and their support team are not even decent at responding to their most important asset, the end users.

Hustler's Media Marketing Direct approached me to collaborate with them as I have a couple of Hustler Facebook Groups and a Facebook Page. I also do Modification and Upgrade videos with their Hustler Raptor SD as the star. One thing I can attest to, they do not follow thru on their word. Terrible company as far as that part causing themselves some terrible and deserved press.

Their machines are more than adequate across all their models. The Raptor has had a considerably terrible wheel motor cross brace. The upgrade cross brace does solve the breaking problem with this help: Replace all the mounting bolts with grade 8 with longer shanks and use grade 8 flat washers as well as grade 8 nuts to tighten the brace to the frame rails. Go over every bolt and nut before the season, quarter way thru and every quarter of the season and you'll do well with your Raptor. Port your belt pully covers with 8 1" holes to save your belt and deck.

Have a great mowing season and don't forget: "Run it like you stole it." "Fix it if you break it."

Max

577jersey

Threads
I tighten up all brace bolts monthly and never had a problem I am a small guy so maybe that helps.

mhavanti

Threads
Tom,

You've always been the exception to the Hustler Raptor SD rule my friend. Great job!

Max