Raptor 54 SD problem

kraky

Threads
Hey jersey ..... how do they brace up your bobcat? I still can't believe I live in Wisconsin and the Bobcats are made in Wisconsin and there isn't a dealer anywhere around....geez!

577jersey

Threads
I dont own a bobcat CRZ yet thats supreme from youtube who has one,,i bet they are pretty tough,its a big mower.
I do have a bobcat 48 classic walk behind.

kraky

Threads
Oops.... somehow I thought you were running a bobcat and the SD and liked the Bobcat better and were going to replace the SD when the time came. My A.D.D. won again!

turboawd

Threads
well, even the grade 8 bolts are breaking. this is getting aggravating. i think the cause is the weak frame and mounting points. there is too much flex going on. i need to get this resolved before the trans casting breaks, because then i'll be really f*cked.

i see that the cross brace has been upgraded on hustelr's site.
part# 118942 to 123292

but the bracket doesnt look too different. there needs to be a support going across to the outer mounting points of the trans.

0Rs7ID6.jpg

x3CwEJT.jpg

LFbFUwy.jpg

6t47t4q.jpg

k10kEKc.jpg

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does this brace fail due to bolt loosening or bolt failure?
Would replacing with grade 8 bolts installed properly reduce or eliminate this failure scenario? \
Does the likelihood this failure to occur vary depending on terrain?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does this brace fail due to bolt loosening or bolt failure?
Would replacing with grade 8 bolts installed properly reduce or eliminate this failure scenario? \
Does the likelihood this failure to occur vary depending on terrain?

Answer 1 Both, Bolt loosens and the shearing force snaps the bolt.
Answer 2 Yes if you check the bolt tightness ever once in a while.
Answer 3 Not real sure on this as most of the problems posted here do not explain their terrain.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder if a piece of 1" diameter cold rolled steel spanning the hydros inside the ears of that bracket,
drilled and tapped 3/8-16 and bolted into place would eliminate the problem, or would it need to be welded to the cross brace itself?

Just tossing around the idea....

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will get a picture of how my Husqvarna is set up so you can see how easy it is to fix.

turboawd

Threads
There is another thread where I posted pics of the updated bracket which you can get for free from your dealer.