Headlights for the Hustler Raptor?

C4Tom

Threads
Cool project! I think I'll do sometime similar on my SD60.

One comment though... That second picture makes me nervous. I've have problems with those sticky-tape wire clamps before. I'm afraid with all the vibration, bouncing, and some heat that they'll let go and the wiring will fall into the deck belt. I'd recommend running them up along the frame rails and securing to the existing holes (you can see one in the pic on the left) with zip ties.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on them and look for a better alternative as you suggest.

whiskeyspill

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello. I was wondering if you could show some pics of where the wire hooks up to the motor then to the switch. I have a 2015 raptor 52 inch with Kawasaki engine.

C4Tom

Threads
hello. I was wondering if you could show some pics of where the wire hooks up to the motor then to the switch. I have a 2015 raptor 52 inch with Kawasaki engine.

I just tapped off the solenoid, the side with the fuse for the mower systems. I didn't cut any wires on the mower that way.

dirt rider 21

Forum Newbie
Threads
What did you use to connect the led wires to the switch?

1slow5point0h

Threads
I've got a pair of 6 LED lights mounted to the front of mine with some magnets. Since they don't really draw any power I didn't use a relay, just a toggle switch mounted on the control panel and a small fuse holder connected to the battery.

dirt rider 21

Forum Newbie
Threads
C4 Tom.....thanks for the tips. It turned out great!

1slow5point0h

Threads
A not so great Iphone pic of my setup. Basically cost me nothing except a little time. Throws about a 6 to 7 foot lighted area ahead of me. I have more lights, thought about putting one on the rear with a momentary switch or something.
IMG_8441_zpsr8gnb0oh.jpg