Raptor Flip up

mhavanti

Threads
Thanks for the compliments. I own a machine shop and retired from it many years ago to operate my other businesses. However, the ole machinist still resides inside me.

Keep us all informed how your unit does with your yards. I'm installing a seat flip up retainer this coming week if I can find the time. I do not want the seat back making contact with the foot and deck raising pedal. That is hard on the material of the seat.

I also still have to make a flexible drain hose with petcock that can be pushed down to clear the frame and hydraulics while hitting the drain pan. Then when drained, can then be put into a bracket to hold it in an upright position after closing the petcock.

LeakyGasket

Threads
Well, with slightly wet mostly clover (can see wet spots on front tires but not glistening), I was able to get it done without a lot of buildup. Seems the buildup always starts in the same places (back of discharge area, front lip area in a couple locations, around and above spindles concentrated in certain areas, etc.). Since I am well aware of these places, I can reach up under there and dig them off at the end of cutting, and this time, it went well. Any wetter and I would need to Harbor Freight lift the front end.

Tried the discharge flap wood lifter, and cut the driest last --- it seemed to help.

Afraid to cut the deck triangle because of warranty, but may do it anyway. Will definitely do the belt cover holes when I get a chance.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Try cutting out the triangle of your deck, grind back the lower rectangle support to a taper toward the blade and run with the deflector about two inches upward or wide open since nobody lives there and see if that will keep the deck clean. Maybe spray the underside of the deck with teflon and that also may make things better.

Good luck.

Oh, you may want to drill some holes in your belt cover to save your deck belt, pulleys and bearings in the spindles.

First photo is of Tom's belt cover and my personal favorite, however, my covers are working flawlessly and don't look too bad. The deck cut out photos I can't give credit to the owner and I ask forgiveness when he sees this due to my forgetting his name. However, you'll see his modification and it looks great.

Max

I'll show you mine and my covers no longer retain anything where they were packing the grass in each mow. View attachment 32649View attachment 32650View attachment 32651View attachment 32652View attachment 32653

Yes!....these ideas are awesome. Thanks for posting and sharing. :thumbsup: