1984 Honda lawn tractor brake shoes

munchie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. Honda shoes are discontinued. Any aftermarket shoes out there? I have been looking.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can reshoe them your self.
mcmaster.com/#brake-lining/=vpl8l3

munchie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for suggestion. I will attempt to get some directions on what's involved to use re-lining material.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You tube "motorcycle brake shoe reline"
You can also get them done by one of the clutch & brake reline shops.
Just make sure you tell them it is a parking brake for a lawn mower and you don't want the drums skimmed ( bill padding )
OTOH if you have a good motorcycle parts shop nearby you can drop in there .
The shoes are generally a motorcycle shoe.
In the old days of shadow book catalogues it was easy to flip through the pages & find what you are looking for .:thumbsup:
Now days it is all computers searching catalogues by vin numbers to supply you the wrong part 5 times.:thumbdown:
If you go that way please drop a line and let us know what they used as motorcycle brakes go $ 10 to $ 30 a pair and are usually a very soft material.
I had to get some shoes relinded for a couple of Great Dane Chariots , $ 45 for the shop to reline the 4 shoes $ 70 from Great Dane each side.
I recognised them as a sandard motorcycle shoe from one of the Japaneese brands USA factories but it was high season so I did not have time to spend 1/2 day finding them and of course the customer pays so I always take the best value path for the customer.

munchie

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's a great suggestion. Honda shop sells motorcycles and yard equipment. They may have some experience with this. I will update developments.