Husqvarna MZ52LE Engine Won't Turnover

Greg0145

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had this issue for the past month. Started fine first of March. Finished mowing after about 2 hours and went to move it and it wouldn't start. Nothing from the engine but I could here the click on the solenoid. Tinkered with it for a bit, changed the 15A fuse and it fired up. Problem solved I thought. Same thing happened next week. Checked the fuse but it was good, but replaced it anyway. Nothing. Played around with the wiring, making sure nothing was lose. After a few hours of nothing, I tried starting and it started up. At this point I'm lost, not sure what it could be but thinking more than likely a short somewhere and in my messing with the wires, I "fixed it". Same thing the following week, so I went and bought a voltmeter. Battery tested at 12.9 so it's good. I then crossed the poles of the 2 leads on the solenoid and the engine turned over. So that leads me to believe the solenoid is good. I then checked the amps coming from the starter switch. It reads 8.5 and drops as I leave the key turned. Does the solenoid need 12.5+ to even turn the engine, or should I get something even at 8.5 coming off the starter switch?

Sorry this post is a bit sloppy, just trying to get my mower running. Any help is greatly appreciated.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take your battery to a auto parts store and have them test it. I don't know for sure it will fix it but that is not correct for cranking.

Greg0145

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take your battery to a auto parts store and have them test it. I don't know for sure it will fix it but that is not correct for cranking.

I tested the battery with a multi meter. It's putting out 12.9. The wire coming off the starter switch is putting out 8.5.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have it tested under load. I am betting its bad.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will also say a bad battery.