Honda Harmony HHR2162TDA won't start.

albion01

Forum Newbie
Threads
The wife was cutting the lawn for the first time this year when the mower just up and died. The carb was replaced last year and ran great until being put away for winter. I do the standard change oil, empty fuel tank, sharpen the blade, before it's stored. When I pulled it out this spring I filled it up with gas, checked the oil and tried to start it up. It took a few pulls, but the mower started right up. The wife ran the mower around the yard cutting the lawn for about 30 minutes and then it just died. She says she didn't hit anything before it died. I first checked the fuel path and that all looked great, gas is flowing, beside it wouldn't even pop when I tried starter fluid. Next I tried my spark tester grounded to the plug. I tried a new plug. I tried the spark tester grounded to the engine block. I tried pulling the emergency stop wire off the coil. All of those tests failed. Should my next step be a new coil or is there something else I can test before spending the $40?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you disconnected the kill wire directly from the coil and got no spark then it all over red rover for that coil