Help choose a chainsaw

SergioKurba

Threads
Hello. I'm new to the forum, I would like to get advice from knowledgeable people. I need a chainsaw for the economy, and I do not know what to choose. In this article, found information on saws and ostanolsya until Poulan P3314 14-Inch 33cc 2-Cycle Gas-Powered, since this chainsaw is designed specifically for the household. Tell me, can I buy it?

Poulan-P3314-14-Inch-33cc-2-Cycle-Gas-Powered-Chain-Saw-765x765.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you only want a saw for about two years, with limited use, go for it. If you want one which will last much longer you are going to have to spend a little more on an Echo or Stihl. If you only use it occasionally, I suggest that you purchase the new premixed fuel. I know it is a bit costly, but you won't have hard starting problems down the road, because of old fuel in the system.

ingigo

Threads
If you are cutting pine or soft woods, you will be fine. The real hardwoods will burn you chain/bar up. use a lot of lube on the bar between cutting. If you plan on cutting up wood consider a thicker chained chainsaw that will stand up to use and abuse. stihl and HUSQVARNA :) the better orange

ziti

Threads
I've got an older model Craftsman 16" chainsaw that has probably got a couple of hundred hours on it. I think it was manufactured for Sears by Husqvarna and it's been a good investment. However, last summer I had some problems starting it. This spring I needed to cut down a few maple trees and trim some limbs and I wanted to do it before the leaves came out. I thought I'd check out some new chain saws on- line and figured I'd hold off on troubleshooting the Craftsman until later. Not only that, I always like to have a back-up. Anyway, I wound up buying an Oregon CS 1500 corded electric 16" chain saw from Home Depot. It worked great. For $129. and free shipping I thought it was a good deal just for occasional use around the yard.

SergioKurba

Threads
If you only want a saw for about two years, with limited use, go for it. If you want one which will last much longer you are going to have to spend a little more on an Echo or Stihl. If you only use it occasionally, I suggest that you purchase the new premixed fuel. I know it is a bit costly, but you won't have hard starting problems down the road, because of old fuel in the system.

Yes, I need a chainsaw for use from time to time. :biggrin: I'm not a professional, so I do not want to buy an expensive chainsaw. Husquarna is much more expensive than the Poulan, and it scares me. :ashamed::ashamed:There does not appear chainsaw brand Stihl, so I can not talk about its price. It is more expensive than Husquarna?

primerbulb120

Threads
Stihl is more expensive than Husqvarna.

I think you will be fine with the Poulan, but for peak performance you may need to adjust the carburetor once you get it. Today's chainsaws are tuned too lean to meet emissions standards.

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads
I am new to the forum but notice a lot of power users on here that do yard work for a living and for constant use the stihl is great (I used to take prison crew out and we cut a lot of wood) for an occasional home user I have a 12 year old pulan pro 16" that has never given me a moment of trouble and always starts fine. I got it because the old blue homelite I had was very heavy. it does leak oil in the case between uses but that is fine with me. but then again I only cut down a couple of trees and some trimming each year and not hard use like a pro

ingigo

Threads
I assume you want an economical, efficient chainsaw. I do not understand the "household" part. What would you be cutting with this saw, how large and how often.

Try not to buy too big of a chainsaw for small 'tasks and vice versa.

SergioKurba

Threads
Stihl is more expensive than Husqvarna.

I think you will be fine with the Poulan, but for peak performance you may need to adjust the carburetor once you get it. Today's chainsaws are tuned too lean to meet emissions standards.

Yes, POULAN, is likely to be the best option for me. How do I adjust the carburetor?

primerbulb120

Threads
You will have to post a picture of the adjustment screws (on side of carburetor) once you get the saw. I will give you a link to an adjusting tool for your carb.