Hustler Rapture SD 60 stripe kit

Ashtonman

Threads
I installed the factory strip kit (only $99.00) today. I followed the instructions and set it to 1". It left a little bit of a strip but I want a better strip. I am going to drop it another 1/2" for the second cut. The deck had the factor bolt holes ready for easy 1/2 hour install with some car ramps. One thing I noticed now, it wont let the back on the deck scalp the ground if you run over some uneven ground. (Bonus). Looks like the kits is used on several Hustler, Excel mowers. FasTrac line is also listed.

mooch91

Threads
Can you post any pictures of the kit and its installation? Thanks.

farinaed

Forum Newbie
Threads
I installed the factory strip kit (only $99.00) today. I followed the instructions and set it to 1". It left a little bit of a strip but I want a better strip. I am going to drop it another 1/2" for the second cut. The deck had the factor bolt holes ready for easy 1/2 hour install with some car ramps. One thing I noticed now, it wont let the back on the deck scalp the ground if you run over some uneven ground. (Bonus). Looks like the kits is used on several Hustler, Excel mowers. FasTrac line is also listed.

It's been about a year with your factory stripe kit . . . How do you like it? I just ordered one for my Hustler Fastrak (Hustler P/N - 121472) and will be installing it as soon as it arrives. I'm going to replace the factory supplied screws/nuts/washers with stainless steel hardware for longer life.

Sounds like there are 2 different adjustments. (1) Rubber height from the ground with the mower set at your mowing height; and (2) Clamp plate height. What were the final settings you needed to get good stripes?

Last edited:

kraky

Threads
I'm interested in following this... I bought a universal rubber flap kit that mounts on the trailer hitch of either lawn tractors or zero turn. The flaps were very heavy and put a lot of pressure on the grass but I couldn't see much difference. Most of my grass is cut out about two and three quarters to 3 inches... I'm starting to think that striping grass works best with thick grass and 3 inch plus height?

neetan

Threads
I have been thinking about a Stripe kit, but what bothered me was If I drilled a hole in the deck the warranty would be voided. He said that if he does it, then the warranty stays intact, due to him being a dealer who is going up to bat for me, Is there anyone who would know? My dealer in Canada wants over $250 plus installation of the unit that puts the cost to over $300 CDN = $257 US plus shipping. We sure get ripped a new one up here!

farinaed

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can buy Part 121472 - HUSTLER STRIPE KIT online from HustlerLawnMowerParts in Florida for $92.66 (US$) >> http://www.hustlerlawnmowerparts.com/part-121472-stripe-kit-hustler-genuine-part-number-121472/

Can you buy one online and have it shipped to Canada?

I wouldn't think drilling the holes in the deck would void the warranty . . . the Hustler installation instructions specifically instruct you where/how to drill the holes (see attached instructions). When I install the carriage bolts through the holes I drill in the deck, I'm gonna clean the deck up real good and put silicone sealant between the screws an the deck (eliminate a path for corrosion).

Attachments

• Hustler Striper Kit 121472.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
Last edited: