Having issues with my throttle on my Honda HRX217HXA

jtb0968

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Having issues with my throttle on my Honda HRX217HXA
I have owned a Honda HRX217HXA for 13+ years and it's been an outstanding mower for me. I had a lawn service maintaining my yard for the last 18 months but I want to start doing it again. A week ago, I tried to start up the mower with no luck - I went to Home Depot and purchased a new spark plug and new oil and it started up and ran fine although it seemed to over rev some and didn't sound like it should (not terrible...but I guessed it to need a new carburetor). I purchased a new carburetor from Honda...new blades, air filter. The lawn mower sounds better with the new carb BUT now when I increase the throttle, the throttle mechanism (next to the choke) doesn't move at all. The choke seems to work fine (throttle/choke is on the same control but as I increase the throttle to get to the choke, I don't see it moving at all. I know that I connected the throttle linkage and throttle spring correctly. Moving the throttle control on the lawn mower for some reason doesn't move the linkage that in turn moves the throttle on the carburetor. Does this sound like I need a new throttle cable? Or throttle lever spring? Whatever controls the throttle on the carb seems to have gone out (cable...lever...whatever it is). Thanks in advance for your help.

TB

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Having issues with my throttle on my Honda HRX217HXA
Moving the throttle control on the lawn mower for some reason doesn't move the linkage that in turn moves the throttle on the carburetor. Does this sound like I need a new throttle cable? Or throttle lever spring? Whatever controls the throttle on the carb seems to have gone out (cable...lever...whatever it is). Thanks in advance for your help.

TB

When you move the throttle control, it actually moves some parts that "release" the governor arm so the GOVERNOR ROD moves the throttle butterfly. Double-check your connections:
26540746380_61b1818aff_o.png

26719763222_80269a70de_o.png