Buying new scag

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tiger Cat/52" deck/FX691 Kawi/suspension seat here in CT is around $9,000, Tiger Cat II is more.
I don't recall what the Patriot/52" deck was, possibly around $7,000.

Wow, A Tiger Cat here is like $8300 with 0% interest if you want to finance it. I am seriously considering buying a third one to have a backup if one is down or when we sometimes need a third mower.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just round numbers!
The last quote that I got for a Tiger Cat, FX691, suspension seat, 52" deck was $8,495 plus $2,495 for a collection system and this was in the fall of 2014 with no interest 48 month financing.
Last week I took my trailer to the dealer for minor warranty service and visited a nearby Scag dealer. They had a new 52" Patriot out front and I got a good look at it. I was impressed with this machine particularly that it is a lower level unit but with many of the amenities found on higher level machines. The deck looked very substantial and although not a Velocity deck, the discharge opening was larger than my the 48" Velocity deck on my Tiger Cub. I think that the plastic chutes may be the same part number.

Aconti

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Patriots do not have the velocity deck. The price of a 52" patriot is now $6099. and the 61" is $6599. $900. discount! Scags summer promotion now good through august. The only things not real commercial duty on this mower are the aluminum sealed spindles. The deck although not a Velocity is fabricated and getting good reviews on cut quality. The 61" has 3400 trannies and 10mph, 23" drive tires, 6.8 gal fuel cap. I cant find a better speced mower for the money now that they are on sale.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Scag decks prior to the current Velocity decks were the Advantage decks. The major difference is that the discharge opening on the Velocity decks is wider.
The Patriot deck is basically an Advantage deck, but with a wider discharge opening which is a good thing!
I'm impressed with the Patriot!:laughing::biggrin::smile:
I replied to your PM.

Aconti

Forum Newbie
Threads
Awesome, did not know that! I am going for the 61" on Sat!