Hustler Raptor Limited 52" Deck Adjsutment

braves9822

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently got me a Hustler Raptor Limited 52" mower. I love it. I cut my yard for the 1st time and it looked great. But looking at it closely, I noticed that at the lowest level "A", it was not cutting as low as my other riding mower. Is there a way to adjust the deck to where the height adjustments are .5" lower? where the lowest "A" is at 1.0" not at "1.5"?

kraky

Threads
Seems like adjusting your mower deck should be all laid out in the owner's manual I know it is on my raptor SD 54

DJ660

Threads
Mower deck is a fixed mount on discharge side and adjustable on trim side. The only thing you can do is level adjustable side to fixed side. Whatever height that is is all the lower it will go.

Doug44

Threads
I recently got me a Hustler Raptor Limited 52" mower. I love it. I cut my yard for the 1st time and it looked great. But looking at it closely, I noticed that at the lowest level "A", it was not cutting as low as my other riding mower. Is there a way to adjust the deck to where the height adjustments are .5" lower? where the lowest "A" is at 1.0" not at "1.5"?

Beyond me why anyone would want to mow @ 1.5 inches let alone lower ??? Bad bad bad on the lawn not to mention :thumbdown:your mower.

gasjr4wd

Threads
Beyond me why anyone would want to mow @ 1.5 inches let alone lower ??? Bad bad bad on the lawn not to mention :thumbdown:your mower.

what he said...
just paint the dirt green. :confused2:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Anything less than 2" is what reel / drum/ barrel / fairway mowers are designed for and you need to be growing the right kind of grass to be cut that short.

The only rotary ride on that works well at that height are the articulated rider pros with the timed blades.

1slow5point0h

Threads
Move the anti-scalping wheels up into the top hole on the deck. That's what I did to get mine as close to the ground as possible.

cruzenmike

Threads

Have you checked/adjusted the tire pressure? That will give you a little bit of adjustment as well, but be careful not to over or under-inflate them. Out of curiosity, which engine do you have?

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Why would you cut your grass at even 2 inches? 3 to 3.5 inches is where I mow everything.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
And why are we digging old threads up?