Hustler Raptor Limited 52" Deck Adjsutment

gasjr4wd

Threads
And why are we digging old threads up?

One reason old threads are kept alive...
Because smart people read threads with the questions already asked and answered rather than ask the same thing over and over and over and over and over.
But for this thread... IDK. Way, way too short to cut anything. OP could just get a horse or two. They will eat it down to the dirt by winter. :licking:
I know for a fact... I've got 3 acres in the back that haven't been cut in years.

Mr. Mower

Threads
One reason old threads are kept alive...
Because smart people read threads with the questions already asked and answered rather than ask the same thing over and over and over and over and over.

"THANK YOU" sir.....for pointing this out. I couldn't of stated this better myself. It appears as though some find it hard to comprehend this.

As for the original post (or even for those searching) if it is that critical an issue, instead of trying to lower the entire deck to your liking, why not just add washers to each of the blades to lower them a bit? I've seen this done on a Youtube video that was put up by Hustler (yes Hustler!) Corp. as demonstrated by one of their technicians.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
adding washers under the blade isn't smart. In fact its stupid. The blade bolts may work loose . The blades have a chance of being out of center causing a vibration. That will destroy the bearing quickly. Cutting grass less than 2 inches is also STUPID!!!!!;

Mr. Mower

Threads
Unless you consider yourself an expert or know more than they do about their mower's, then I suggest that you call Hustler Corp. and let them know that "it's stupid" because they are the one's that suggest it.

Hey take whatever info that's posted here (or online for that matter) however you like for granted or not, it's just a suggestion (no matter how stupid you think it is).

carver

Forum Newbie
Threads
Might be because some of us are having the same problem. I just got a Hustler Raptor 60", and I can't figure out how to get the deck any lower than the last notch.

Mr. Mower

Threads
What does your Owners Manual say about how to go about lowering the deck on your mower?

Might be because some of us are having the same problem. I just got a Hustler Raptor 60", and I can't figure out how to get the deck any lower than the last notch.

gasjr4wd

Threads
What does your Owners Manual say about how to go about lowering the deck on your mower?

see, I don't understand why anyone would want to cut so short. it's not good for the grass. (lower? let some air out of the tires) (weld the washer to the blade then rebalance if so inclined)
I want to cut longer than the tallest setting. I'm looking for taller rear tires. :laughing: