no spark B&S!

judeshirey

Forum Newbie
Threads
My daughter ran our murray mower into a bank, stalling it. Hasn't started up since. It spins and spins but makes no sign of spark at the plug. New battery, solenoid, armature, starter. What's left? I've noticed that the belt has an awful lot of play, but I doubt that could be related. Any ideas? Its a murray groundforce, with a B&S 14.5 hp, 287707.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
remove the blower housing from engine and unplug the wire at the ignition module then crank engine. if spark then ignition module is bad. if spark occurs then check all safety switches to make they work. don't forget the seat switch because some murrays will crank but not fire if the seat switch is not engaged or working.

judeshirey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the ignition module the same thing that the parts catalog lists as "armature?" If so, I've changed that twice with no improvement. Nothing changes when I remove the kill wire. As far as I can tell all of the safety switches work. Although, I dont know how to test the seat switch, other than to say that it doesn't prevent the starter from spinning. Is it possible that something was knocked off kilter by the jolt of the embankment?