New project - Dixie Chopper (First task, what engine/carburetor/ other information)

EvanNexus

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New project - Dixie Chopper (First task, what engine/carburetor/ other information)
Hey all,

I have a Dixie Chopper that has been sitting in my backyard for a couple of years and I'm just getting out to figure out if I can get it running (should be a reasonable thing to do). The hydraulic on one side had gone out and so I received this mower from an employer. Now that it has been sitting for some time, it has carburetor issues.

I am starting with the carburetor first. My task is to get the needle unstuck (from the seat, it's completely closed up) and then clean it inside and out. I'm thinking about using B-12 Chemtool to soak it in because it's what I've seen work best on carb crud. If that doesn't work, I will use heat to expand the metal and allow the needle to move; then continue with a thorough cleaning. The torch is not available to me at this juncture, but it will be in about a week. If the B-12 doesn't unstick it then I'll use heat.

I am in great need of finding manuals/models or information about any and all parts on this mower. As, I'll be needing to buy parts. I would like to know exactly which carburetor I have so I can find a kit for it. Also, engine and other information specific to the hydraulic system would be much appreciated.

The only information I can give you guys is this:

1) Model No. 0050591 (Found this on the engine)

2) A sticker on the front of the mower says "XT 3200 Quad Loop"

Any and all advice is much appreciated and I will look into any ideas that I haven't thought of or tried. I've contacted a store, their number was on a sticker on the ride, but they don't seem very helpful, or intelligent... Maybe he just didn't understand what I was saying or was too busy to help me. Anyway, I have always had great luck on forums so I just thought I'd try my luck with you helpful gents.

Regards,

Evan

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / New project - Dixie Chopper (First task, what engine/carburetor/ other information)
Hey all,

I have a Dixie Chopper that has been sitting in my backyard for a couple of years and I'm just getting out to figure out if I can get it running (should be a reasonable thing to do). The hydraulic on one side had gone out and so I received this mower from an employer. Now that it has been sitting for some time, it has carburetor issues.

I am starting with the carburetor first. My task is to get the needle unstuck (from the seat, it's completely closed up) and then clean it inside and out. I'm thinking about using B-12 Chemtool to soak it in because it's what I've seen work best on carb crud. If that doesn't work, I will use heat to expand the metal and allow the needle to move; then continue with a thorough cleaning. The torch is not available to me at this juncture, but it will be in about a week. If the B-12 doesn't unstick it then I'll use heat.

I am in great need of finding manuals/models or information about any and all parts on this mower. As, I'll be needing to buy parts. I would like to know exactly which carburetor I have so I can find a kit for it. Also, engine and other information specific to the hydraulic system would be much appreciated.

The only information I can give you guys is this:

1) Model No. 0050591 (Found this on the engine)

2) A sticker on the front of the mower says "XT 3200 Quad Loop"

Any and all advice is much appreciated and I will look into any ideas that I haven't thought of or tried. I've contacted a store, their number was on a sticker on the ride, but they don't seem very helpful, or intelligent... Maybe he just didn't understand what I was saying or was too busy to help me. Anyway, I have always had great luck on forums so I just thought I'd try my luck with you helpful gents.

Regards,

Evan

Google Dixie Chopper. If they are like most places you can download most of the info you are requesting.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Manuals

generac.com/service-support/product-support-lookup/product-manuals?modelNo=0050591&lang=es-MX&lang=es-MX