Engine This is my Husq 625EX. It is new. It will not start. Advice sorely needed

Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / This is my Husq 625EX. It is new. It will not start. Advice sorely needed
I can't believe you're selling it! Just spend 30-60 minutes cleaning the carb (very easy to clean) and the mower should run like new. I have a Troy-Bilt mower with that engine and I like it a lot.

I understand, but the carb was cleaned. Truth is, it was never dirty or clogged. It was filled with fresh gas as a new mower, ran once. Sat for 3 weeks and would not start again. Gas drained, replaced with TruFuel, carb cleaned, spark plug replaced. Still wont start. A tiny 'chug' when sprayed with starter fluid. I am done. I understand some folks have time to continue to troubleshoot but it is far more easy to take the $300 loss, be done, move on, lesson learned and buy a quality mower. My last mower lasted 10 years and I gave it away to my church in excellent working order.

primerbulb120

Threads
Okay, thanks for clarifying that. If you said that you cleaned the carb in an earlier post, I must have missed it.

When you get a new mower, go with a Honda engine. Even better, just get a Honda mower. Honda mowers are the best in their price range IMO.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update: Mower still will not start. Husqvarna customer service form the very beginning was possibly the worst in the game in as far as my own family's purchasing history. Sell you the mower (has their name on it anyway) but are free to wash their hands of your problem immediately as the warranty/repair falls on the maker of the engine (the engine being the likely cause of failed motor start) The engine company have their own processes you have to deal follow.

As it turns out after reading review after review today... we saw the same story over and over. Customer bought the 625ex (625 AWD), worked on day one and never started again. This mower model, although only a year in production has been discontinued and alot of folks are left to do what they can.

Me, I am selling my new mower for $20. Grateful to be rid of it and absolutely grateful never to purchase Husqvarna again. Perhaps it is industry norm, but what a disgraceful customer service model Husqvarna has in my opinion. Just baffles me they will be able to sustain it with today's review outlets.

Thanks for the help ya'll. Really appreciate it.

So if it only has this problem on this mower then it might not be an engine fault but a mower fault as in cable not adjusted causing no spark etc etc.

primerbulb120

Threads
He said that the mower tries to run with starting fluid. It would not do that if it had no spark.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
I understand, but the carb was cleaned. Truth is, it was never dirty or clogged. It was filled with fresh gas as a new mower, ran once. Sat for 3 weeks and would not start again. Gas drained, replaced with TruFuel, carb cleaned, spark plug replaced. Still wont start. A tiny 'chug' when sprayed with starter fluid. I am done. I understand some folks have time to continue to troubleshoot but it is far more easy to take the $300 loss, be done, move on, lesson learned and buy a quality mower. My last mower lasted 10 years and I gave it away to my church in excellent working order.

If you can afford a $300 loss then why buy a Husqvarna in the first place? :smile:

If you want an AWD then try the Toro AWD.
Same engine but far superior machine than most manufacturers with a great dealer network.
This 625EX is the quantum replacement so has not been out that long apart from the smaller version the 450E.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
He said that the mower tries to run with starting fluid. It would not do that if it had no spark.

When the snapper walks came out they had the wrong opc cable fitted and would start cold, cut out and not restart due the vibration causing the switch to earth out and have a no spark.
Adjust the cable down the handle or bend the switch to allow more gap for switch not to earth. Simple....

primerbulb120

Threads
When the snapper walks came out they had the wrong opc cable fitted and would start cold, cut out and not restart due the vibration causing the switch to earth out and have a no spark.
Adjust the cable down the handle or bend the switch to allow more gap for switch not to earth. Simple....

Good to know. I will remember that if I ever come across a Snapper walk behind.

primerbulb120

Threads
If you can afford a $300 loss then why buy a Husqvarna in the first place? :smile:

If you want an AWD then try the Toro AWD.
Same engine but far superior machine than most manufacturers with a great dealer network.
This 625EX is the quantum replacement so has not been out that long apart from the smaller version the 450E.

I would not go with the Toro because of the Personal Pace drive system. The Husq drive system is much better. Get another Husqvarna, but go with the HU800AWDH. It has a Honda engine instead of a Briggs.