Hustler Rapter sd 54

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads
Just got the new mower this week to replace a Cub Cadet RZT50 - - love it on the first mowing but the one thing I couldn't get by was the decal for height in letters - being a signmaker I had to rectify that one right away]
P4230021c_zpsyxcueqol.jpg

Attachments

• P4230021b.jpg
    P4230021b.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 113

primerbulb120

Threads
Nice decal! :cool: I've made decals in the past, but I am not a professional so my decals don't look nearly as good as yours.

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads
Nice decal! :cool: I've made decals in the past, but I am not a professional so my decals don't look nearly as good as yours.

thanks , been doing them for 10 years and own a eco solvent printer so having the right equipment and a lot of time designing helps

primerbulb120

Threads
thanks , been doing them for 10 years and own a eco solvent printer so having the right equipment and a lot of time designing helps

I design my decals in Microsoft Word and print them on an inkjet printer. Then I cover the face of the decal with packing tape to waterproof it and apply double sided tape to the back. :laughing:

Mikel1

Threads
Nicely done! The company I work for does some signs, vinyl plotter. Not enough demand for eco solvent here and signs365 does them cheap.

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads

we see that a lot with people that don't do the volume to do it the right way - sad part is the general consumer doesn't know the difference for about 6 months - where mine go many years - it is like the guy that buys the MTD mower and starts his professional lawn service -

Mikel1

Threads
we see that a lot with people that don't do the volume to do it the right way - sad part is the general consumer doesn't know the difference for about 6 months - where mine go many years - it is like the guy that buys the MTD mower and starts his professional lawn service -

6 months?

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads
6 months?
aqueous ink vinyl has a special coating on it to allow the water based ink to lay down- even laminated the coating to the vinyl usually fails in 6-12 months - unlike the solvent or latex printers that bite into the vinyl that last over 3 years unlaminated or over 7 years laminated. it cost a lot more to do it right (think $15K + to start with printer, supplies and laminator at the least) - and if done right even with the right equipment maintenance cost is more than most want to pay. many buy solvent printer and the first time it needs a $800 head or 2 they bail - but this is a lawn forum not sign :) I am going to send a couple of the decals to my dealer so he can use them for other customers that want inches instead of letters for the height markings -

primerbulb120

Threads
I am going to send a couple of the decals to my dealer so he can use them for other customers that want inches instead of letters for the height markings -

That is very considerate of you. :smile: I am sure it will be appreciated.

Kremeneon

Threads
I am going to send a couple of the decals to my dealer so he can use them for other customers that want inches instead of letters for the height markings -

Very nice sticker! I was pondering similar but don't have the material to make it last forever, as you clearly do.

What is your asking paypal donation make and drop one in the mail to fellow owners?