The $1 Craftsman

jakesmurray

Threads
Update time!

This thing FLIES (in fifth gear). I haven't clocked it, but I'm guessing mid 20s.

I ended up having to swap the gas pedal to the left of the tractor (I know, kinda odd). I had no other choice with my clutch being on the right. I have to be able to use them in conjunction with one another, and with them both on the same side I couldn't do that. I made an angled bracket for the gas pedal to mount to, making it more ergonomically friendly (see pic). It works great.

Today I rigged up a Fearlessfront-style pull start on top of the engine (also see pic). It may save me one day out in the woods.

This thing is an absolute ball and is surprisingly capable. I have a wooded patch behind my house that has a fairly steep grade, and I haven't gotten stuck once. :cool: I still need to get it into a good mud hole...

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4005.jpg

image.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Update time!

This thing FLIES (in fifth gear). I haven't clocked it, but I'm guessing mid 20s.

I ended up having to swap the gas pedal to the left of the tractor (I know, kinda odd). I had no other choice with my clutch being on the right. I have to be able to use them in conjunction with one another, and with them both on the same side I couldn't do that. I made an angled bracket for the gas pedal to mount to, making it more ergonomically friendly (see pic). It works great.

Today I rigged up a Fearlessfront-style pull start on top of the engine (also see pic). It may save me one day out in the woods.

This thing is an absolute ball and is surprisingly capable. I have a wooded patch behind my house that has a fairly steep grade, and I haven't gotten stuck once. :cool: I still need to get it into a good mud hole...

View attachment 31232

View attachment 31233

View attachment 31234

Lookin good there , gonna build a bigger motor on it someday...?? If I may ... I noticed in one of your pics ..
from on the thread posting ......IMG_4005.jpg
you have the fuel filter BEFORE the shut-off valve ..... I think .....it's better if reversed... in case you have to change the filter you can shut-off the gas and not have to bother clamping the fuel line to prevent fuel loss ..... just a thought ..
to each his own .. Be careful out there ....... Boobala ..:cool:

jakesmurray

Threads
Thanks Boobala! Yeah I debated the fuel filter placement myself. I finally decided it would be better for the valve to have filtered fuel going through it, but it probably doesn't matter. I'll probably swap it one of these days. As for the engine, I may upgrade one day, but for now I kinda like the fuel economy. :laughing:

jakesmurray

Threads
Thanks for the link Tom. I may have to pull the trigger on a set of those...

Pumper54

Threads
Jacksmurray,
I had to put a set of chains on my mower I keep at our farm as the rear wheels tended to spin going up a short but steep hill we have. I put the truck in 4 wheel high and crawl up the road, the mower with the chains on bops right up. It is a bit "thrilling" to do so but I have to get up the hill to put the mower away in the shed.
Tom

jakesmurray

Threads
Nice, I still need to get this thing out on a nice mud romp, then I'll make a decision on chains...

jakesmurray

Threads
To whoever rated this thread five stars, I truly appreciate it! :thumbsup: