Z435 or Z535M?

mich3210

Threads
Good Morning! I'm looking at trading up from a Garden Tractor to a Zero Turn. The two models that are withing my prices range are a 2015 Z435 or the 2016 Z535M.

I've been trying to research them, but haven't found a lot of information or reviews. It seems like most people went for the Z445 which had the Kawisaki motor. Unfortunately it's out of my price range.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Shop around for best price on Z445, John Deere website is showing a $500.00 difference. Rebates, etc. may apply at this time of year, you may end up finding a deal at JD dealers.

mich3210

Threads
Shop around for best price on Z445, John Deere website is showing a $500.00 difference. Rebates, etc. may apply at this time of year, you may end up finding a deal at JD dealers.

The only JD Dealers locally are all owned and operated by the same group.

Z435 is $3599

Z535M is $3999

Z445 is $4199

I think the 435 and 535M are basically the same machine, so I'm looking at the 435. I'd like the 445, but it's over my budget. I'm already taking a huge loss on my Garden Tractor, which is not going over very well with the boss.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you stuck on having a John Deere? So many other options for less money and in my opinion better mowers.

mich3210

Threads
Are you stuck on having a John Deere? So many other options for less money and in my opinion better mowers.

No, I'm not stuck on it. I have 2 Gravely Dealers, and Hustler Dealer.

I can get a 48" Raptor SD for $3899 or a 48" Gravely XL for $3999-4199 depending on which motor it has. $4199 already $200 over my max, there's no way I can talk the other half into anything more.

If you have other suggestions, then please share them. I'm very limited in the dealers that are local. I'm also concerned with dealer support after the sale, which I know I can get with the Deere dealer.

Please share your thoughts...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
In your price range I would look at anything but John Deere.
Husqvarna has some nice zero turn mowers in your price range. You would end up with more mower for the money.

mich3210

Threads
In your price range I would look at anything but John Deere.
Husqvarna has some nice zero turn mowers in your price range. You would end up with more mower for the money.

I haven't been happy with my Husqvarna Garden Tractor, so I'm not considering them. I love my Husky Chainsaw, but they will not be in the running for a ZT.

To elaborate on my statement, the cut quality that I've gotten from my Husky GT52XLS has been terrible. I despise it. It leaves lots of uncut grass, to the point where I'm recutting about 10 inches of the previous row every pass. The dealer I purchased it from basically blew me off. The other dealer in the area I have not been impressed with.

If there are other brands you'd like to recommend, then please do so. Or tell me how the Gravely XL or Raptor SD are better than the z435/z445. I'm mainly concerned about the quality of cut, reliability of the machine, and the service from the dealer.