Z435 or Z535M?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have ran a RZ5424 for 9 years and it has the best cut in a mower I have ever had. Leaves the grass looking like a carpet. The only time I had issues with the cut quality I found lots of grass stuck to the underside of deck. Cleaned it out and back to perfect cut. But if Husqvarna is out then Hustler Raptor would be my second choice.
One last thing. This is my opinion Stamped deck over welded deck for cut quality.

mich3210

Threads
I have ran a RZ5424 for 9 years and it has the best cut in a mower I have ever had. Leaves the grass looking like a carpet. The only time I had issues with the cut quality I found lots of grass stuck to the underside of deck. Cleaned it out and back to perfect cut. But if Husqvarna is out then Hustler Raptor would be my second choice.
One last thing. This is my opinion Stamped deck over welded deck for cut quality.

Blaz - My Husky garden tractor has the welded/fabricated deck... it constantly needs to be cleaned because it's getting loaded with grass. As you suggested, I'm looking at stamped instead of welded. Quality of cut is more important than having some big heavy welded deck. It's interesting that your second choice would be Hustler Raptor SD though, as it has a welded deck, not a stamped.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run the toro timecutter SS5000 I have 4 of them. I also feel the stamped deck gives a better cut.
The cut is perfect the deck is easy to adjust( level)
With John Deere you are paying extra money for the name.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Blaz - My Husky garden tractor has the welded/fabricated deck... it constantly needs to be cleaned because it's getting loaded with grass. As you suggested, I'm looking at stamped instead of welded. Quality of cut is more important than having some big heavy welded deck. It's interesting that your second choice would be Hustler Raptor SD though, as it has a welded deck, not a stamped.

The only reason for that choice is I think John Deere's home owners line is not a good machine at all for the price. Comes time to fix it and you really pay then.
I don't have any experience with Gravely line to recommend them.
A kid down the street does have a Raptor an it does a good job.

By the way I now scrape out from under my deck after every mow. Lot easier to clean a little off the deck than to clean off a ton of grass after it had been packed in there for a while. I just pull it up on the ramps get my putty knife and clean. All of 5 min total. The wash out port is worthless. Also remember with a Husqvarna the top of the deck needs cleaned as well. The spindles allow air to pass through and grass build up has to be removed. My blower takes care of that after every mow as well.

mich3210

Threads
I run the toro timecutter SS5000 I have 4 of them. I also feel the stamped deck gives a better cut.
The cut is perfect the deck is easy to adjust( level)
With John Deere you are paying extra money for the name.

I agree you are paying for the name. I'll look at the Toro, but I haven't been all that impressed with the only local dealer that sells them outside of Home Depot.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree you are paying for the name. I'll look at the Toro, but I haven't been all that impressed with the only local dealer that sells them outside of Home Depot.

My local dealer sucks.
The salesman just piss me off. But there service and parts department is great.
I got my last one at Home Depot for $400 less then the dealer.
The dealer still does any warranty work.

mich3210

Threads
My local dealer sucks.
The salesman just piss me off. But there service and parts department is great.
I got my last one at Home Depot for $400 less then the dealer.
The dealer still does any warranty work.

The Dealer that does Toro, Gravely, Husqvarna and Exmark is a little Mom and Pop place. The "Salesman" and Service are the same people....