Repairs Kubota G1900 PTO tension pulley

prblm66chld

Forum Newbie
Threads
On my 1995 Kubota G1900 the tension/engage pulley on the PTO seized up. I'm having trouble getting the pulley off of the shaft after removing retaining snap ring. Doe this pulley need to be pressed on/off?

Thanks

k

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
No but you may need a 3 jaw puller to remove it.

prblm66chld

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I'll try that. I've removed the tension arm already because of clearance issues so now I'll get a puller. I'm also replacing the ignition switch. The temp and fuel gauges don't always work, the glow plug seems to have quit working, and when turning the key to start the indicator lights flicker off. If I turn the key to start multiple times eventually it turns over and starts. I'm hoping the new ignition switch will cure most if not all of those issues.

prblm66chld

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a set of 3 jaw gear pullers, 3", 4", and 6". Tried the 4" first. The jaws bent the edges of the pulley and one of the bolts to one of the jaws broke (I didn't realize that the bolts were so loose, should have tightened them a little first). Then tried the 6". Again, bent the edges of the pulley. Pulley didn't seem to budge and the center bolt on the puller split the pulley shaft on the tension arm. I thought it would have been made of stouter stuff. So I'll call in the morning to order a new tension arm if I can't find one online first.

I think that the inner sleeve got too hot and at least partially welded itself to the shaft.

At least I managed to change the ignition switch. Will test it once I've gotten the rest of it put back together.

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Had the same problem with a front deck BUSH HOG. I ended getting it off with an 8 ton puller and heat. The part it was attached to was $234.00.