Scag Wildcat Blades dis-engaged

KyGolfer

Threads
While mowing the last bit of yard today, the blades just dis-engaged. Cannot get them to re-engage now. Was mowing normal, and did nothing special. Just puttered once, came back on, the completely went off. Checked fuses. Could the electric PTO switch go bad like this? How do I check with meter? Please tell me this isn't the PTO clutch. Thanks
Scag Wildcat - 27HP Kohler engine - 61" - Model SMWC 61A

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
While mowing the last bit of yard today, the blades just dis-engaged. Cannot get them to re-engage now. Was mowing normal, and did nothing special. Just puttered once, came back on, the completely went off. Checked fuses. Could the electric PTO switch go bad like this? How do I check with meter? Please tell me this isn't the PTO clutch. Thanks
Scag Wildcat - 27HP Kohler engine - 61" - Model SMWC 61A

Google: Scag manuals, Wildcat manual page 27, procedure for adjusting PTO clutch.

KyGolfer

Threads
Thank You so much M-M. I will give this a shot. Will let you know the out come.

Well, I checked the gap and maybe adjusted a little. Did not work. Took the PTO switch off. Bypassed switch with a wire. On it comes. So, a new switch was ordered.
#483957 PTO Switch.
Thanks to everyone who looked at this thread and especially to Mechanic Mark for his input. You all have saved me a ton of money by doing these repairs myself. Hoist a cold one on me! Thanks Again.

John R

Threads
You also need to check the clutch for a short, if they draw too many amps it'll burn the switch up.