Help! Need Yazoo Big Wheel (S24?) Clutch / Pulley

PratherNC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all!

I've been searching and searching, but no luck! I have an old Yazoo self-propelled 24" cut mower, which I believe is a model S24. It has a Tecumseh HS-50 engine on it.

I recently rebuilt the engine (it threw a rod), and I had difficulty with the clutch cover with the double pulley going back on. There was a sleeve inside the pulley that goes over the clutch. The crank shaft would not fit through it, so I tried to hammer it in and that sleeve broke. Now, the pulley just lays loosely on the clutch is not usable anymore.

I thought about putting a straight double pulley on it, but I like to be able to disengage the blades by powering down the motor.

Does anyone have ANY idea where I can find a replacement clutch / pulley?? Please see the attached photos.

Thank you!

Yazoo2.jpg
Yazoo.jpg

primerbulb120

Threads
Try eBay: ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=yazoo+clutch&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xyazoo+pulley.TRS1&_nkw=yazoo+pulley&_sacat=0

PratherNC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your reply!

I've checked eBay, and most of those are just pulleys and/or electric clutches. I did some research and found out the part number I need is 310-001. The thing is, I can't find anyone online who has this!

I've attached a diagram from a user's manual I found online.

The Yazoo is a great lawn mower, and it's been on this land since the 60's. I'd love to keep it running. I really NEED to get it running because I have a field I need cleared!

Screenshot 2016-04-16 at 18.29.16.png
Yazoo.jpg

primerbulb120

Threads
Go to yazookees.com/node7369.aspx (Yazoo dealer locator) find some dealers near you and give them a phone call. One of them might have the parts you are looking for.

primerbulb120

Threads
If that doesn't work, go to yazookees.com and click "Contact" at the bottom of the page. Send them an e-mail and see if they can help you out.

PratherNC

Forum Newbie
Threads
If that doesn't work, go to yazookees.com and click "Contact" at the bottom of the page. Send them an e-mail and see if they can help you out.

Great idea, thanks!