1997 Walker MDDGHS 16.5HP Kubota. Starts and Runs, will not drive forward or reverse

americanmcss

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 1997 Walker MDDGHS 16.5HP Kubota. Starts and Runs, will not drive forward or reverse
Hi everyone. Brand new to the forum and pretty new to walker mowers. I work for a Kubota dealer and this machine came in on trade. I'm thinking about snatching it up before our shop dumps $1000s into it and pushes the price out of my range. I like a project and can easily get parts from the walker dealer that's not far from us. I don't want to shell out the money if the thing is going to turn into a money pit before I can get it home. I had it running today...needs some slight fuel system work. Tank cleaning and possibly some fresh fuel line and filters, as it loses power and blows a little smoke.

The main issue is that it doesn't seem to have any drive capabilities. Here's what I know: Right hydro will not go into neutral (dump valve shaft seems to be seized), but will not give me any forward or reverse. There is fluid in the reservoir, but possibly not enough? You can see the hole in the middle of the reservoir so its possible that motor is low? Left hydro seems to be stuck in neutral (dump valve shaft again seems to be seized, plenty of fluid in the reservoir but its very dark. Belts are in decent shape and are plenty tight. I haven't had much time to mess with it as I really only get to work on it during lunch break. I can get more info if need be.

Any thoughts?