Raptor SD 54 hydro oil change.

tlg588

Forum Newbie
Threads
Changing the oil in my hydros and it has been a NIGHTMARE for me. First getting to the vent plugs was very difficult. Now at the rate the oil is draining from the over flow, with the vent plugs out, it is going to take an hour to fill.

L454S

Threads
Mine filled quickly(within 10 minutes or so), first to top up was the left, then the right. Are you filling up the reservoir or just adding a little? Did you remove the park brake levers for better access?

It will take 5 quarts for both if they are drained, don't be shy about keeping the reservoir topped till the end.

tlg588

Forum Newbie
Threads
Filled the resouviur let it drain a little and kept topping off until I got close to 4 quarts then started putting in a little at a time. It started going faster after 2 quarts but took a lot longer than 10 minutes.

Mine held about 4.25 quarts. Right side filled first. Still have to purge tonight.

Removed the drive belt and left parking brake rod. Had to use a "standard" 1/4 inch Allen wrench on the left. Was able to use an Allen socket and rachet on the right.