Weed Eater Woes...

Slater

Threads
Sit down and let me tell you my story :laughing:

I am maintaining a property for a friend while they are trying to sell it and are now in CA. Easy enough, their 4227 Ventrac does a great job for all of the mowing, but what about some of those small areas around bushes and between the sidewalk and house where I can't get a tractor or push mower? Well I got out their weed eater which my friend had drained last fall. Filled it up with a clean mixture of fuel and after priming twice and a few pulls, it started up and ran strong for 30 seconds then cut out. Odd, so I pulled again a few times and it finally started again and ran for about 45 seconds then cut out again. This happened a few more times and eventually would not go at all. Not having time to toy around with it, I decided I would leave it to another day. Went back yesterday and the gas tank was almost empty :eek: Wasn't sure what happened because I did not recall any gas leaking the other day. Put some more fuel in it and preceded to try to start it again, but immediately a lot of fuel was leaking out. I could not see where it was leaking because the primer bulb was in the way. So I removed that and could see that the tube going into the carburetor (I think) had broken off. I removed the piece that was still connected to it and tried to hook up the long tube because it could still reach, but it immediately broke. Then the air intake (?) tube snapped right off, all of the tubes were brittle and useless. I opened up the cap for the fuel and saw that the filter and some more tubes were just laying in there. Well I think I found out the problem, but now I don't know what I need to get to replace the tubing and if the filter needs replaced?

I forgot to check exactly what model it is, but it is a Weed Eater brand something similar to the gas models on this page Trimmers. Is there a universal repair kit or do I need to get a little more information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:
PS. Weather has been beautiful as of late! A little hot but I shouldn't complain :laughing: Seems we go straight from winter to summer.

jeff

Threads
Most small engine shops will sell you a couple of feet of fuel line.

Slater

Threads
Most small engine shops will sell you a couple of feet of fuel line.

So the filter and everything else should be fine? Just need to replace the fuel line? The intake and the line going to the carburetor seemed to be a slightly different size.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
take in a piece of each size and the dealer will match up what you need. or if he is a poulan dealer will know what size from memory.