Repairs 2004 Poulan Riding Mower

mike coulter

Threads
Folks,
I have a 2004 Poulan riding mower. the transmission is in neutral and I have the rod pulled out but it won't free wheel. any suggestions.?
:welcome::welcome:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Usual reson is the brakes are jambed on,
jack the mower rear end up.
If the wheels spin freely ( they will go in opposite directions ) then the brake is jambed on.
It confuses people because the brake works on the gearbox lay shaft not on the wheel axel directly.

mike coulter

Threads
thanks very much. just got home and tried your idea and it worked. I have another issue. took it out in the yard and blades wont engage. belt is on there but they wont spin

NorthBama

Threads
if it is manual pto check the cable at the deck with spring on the end of cable

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mike,

There are some problems that are fairly universal. Lik the one you have just sorted out.
Others depend upon the actual piece of equiptment.
There were probably 20 different mowers sold with Poulan on the bonnet in 2004
Which one you got ?

As it is only 10 years old the sticker should still be there under the seat.
And while you are getting numbers, a couple off the Jetranger 300Hp engine would be helpful as well.

You are there, we are here.
You know what mower you got, we don't
We really can't help you if you do not help us.

mike coulter

Threads
Looked under the seat and the sticker is snow white. cant make out any numbers. wish I could. I do know that all pulleys are there and belt is on but seems loose. pulley on motor spins but that's all.

Mikel1

Threads
Make sure idler pulley is working properly, sometimes it gets jambed up by sticks or rocks.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looked under the seat and the sticker is snow white. cant make out any numbers. wish I could. I do know that all pulleys are there and belt is on but seems loose. pulley on motor spins but that's all.

Sometimes this works. Take a digital picture. Open in an editing software and change picture to negative. Its amazing when it works.

mike coulter

Threads
will check pulley and try camera idea as well today. thanks guys