New Purchase BigDog Blackjack same as Hustler Raptor Flip Up

rccduncan

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New Purchase BigDog Blackjack same as Hustler Raptor Flip Up
Greetings,
Glad I found this forum and hope someone can help before I reck this BigDog. I just purchased it and can't figure out how to slow the mower down. It just goes to fast for me. I'm 65 and running over everything! It is the model BlackJack that has an electric lift for servicing the deck. The Hustler Raptor Flip-Up is the same and both are manufactured by the same company. It is zero turn and you have to keep the throttle at full speed for the blades / cutting deck to operate properly. You have the two handles that you drive with by pushing forward or reverse. Is there a way to possibly adjust the handles where the top speed is reduced? At least till I learn how to drive this. I had a 1976 Yazoo until this year she finally quit on me. Any help greatly appreciated. Rick:confused2:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
bigdogmowerco.com/manual-pages/manuals/121538.pdf
That is your parts manual and on page 14 or 3-2 it shows an adjustment screw. Check it out and see if you can figure out how to do it.

rccduncan

Forum Newbie
Threads
bigdogmowerco.com/manual-pages/manuals/121538.pdf
That is your parts manual and on page 14 or 3-2 it shows an adjustment screw. Check it out and see if you can figure out how to do it.

thanks will try

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What I tell my customers new to ZTR's to do is use your dominant hand to steer and the other hand to control speed.
So for most you hold the left hand at the travel speed you want to do then move the right further foreward or back to turn.
Dont think about what our are doing and in a few mows you will suddenly notice both hands steering.
By controlling travel this way you will turn a bit wider than necessary but you won't go tearing up your lawn.
Control is dependant upon building up muscle memory and muscle memory takes repetitions to learn how much extension = how much speed.