Craftsman 6.25 150cc RWD mower: Good deal?

Vette184

Forum Newbie
Threads
New homeowner here (.35acre) and I'm looking for a solid mower without getting too expensive (less than $300). I've been told I should go for RWD.

Sears is selling the 6.25 150cc B&S RWD craftsman for $299, $265 after coupons. Not many reviews on the site. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal or should I continue looking? Thanks!

primerbulb120

Threads
I think it will be a nice mower for you. You will be surprised at the light weight and how quiet the engine is. But keep in mind that Briggs and Stratton just completely redesigned their line of push mower engines, and the new design still has a few issues they need to address. For example, if you mow under low bushes and they rub against the top of the mower, the gas and/or oil caps may come off.

Read the reviews carefully, make sure this is what you want and then go get it!

Vette184

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think it will be a nice mower for you. You will be surprised at the light weight and how quiet the engine is. But keep in mind that Briggs and Stratton just completely redesigned their line of push mower engines, and the new design still has a few issues they need to address. For example, if you mow under low bushes and they rub against the top of the mower, the gas and/or oil caps may come off.

Read the reviews carefully, make sure this is what you want and then go get it!

Thanks for your input! The limited reviews I've seen are good on this mower. Does this look like a good price on a RWD to you or is it worth holding out for a sale at Lowes/HD etc? Thanks again

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At the price range you are in, any mower you purchase will not last more than 5 years without sticking money into it. Steel decks, plastic drive gears, weak trannies, thin blades, are just a few of the things I see in that price range. Just my opinion.