Craftsman 6.75 eager 1 self propelled mower oil seal leaking

ToBig

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman 6.75 eager 1 self propelled mower oil seal leaking
Got it all striped down except the drive belt pulley and it's stuck and looks like a small allen wrench screw on the side. Do I have to drill it out or is there another way and can I remove the seal without dropping the pan on the mower engine. No where on the net can I find a video or information about removing it and replacing the oil seal. Thanks in advance:thumbdown:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Craftsman Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

ToBig

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the help and I will check it out and I's still pulling my hair out:eek:

ToBig

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well after cussing and discussions I took the engine off the mower for a better look. Now I found the problem and it was a pan bolt fell out so I put a little loctite and tightened all bolts and is till leaks. You might know I didn't have the right allen wrench to loosen the allen screw on the Drive pulley. When it rains it pours and I don't have a puller so does anyone here have a idea about what they would charge to pull the pulley.:ashamed:

jeff

Threads
Get the right allen wrench, much cheaper than having a shop takeoff the pulley.

ToBig

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a update on the pulley and heat couldn't do it so I had to have it cut off with a grinder and now to order parts. I guess the pan gasket get hot under the head and ruins the gasket.:mad: Alen wrench wouldn't touch it even with the heat added.